I have a slightly weird issue.
I have a small home network consisting of a desktop, a media PC and a work laptop
Laptop is relatively new, (Dell XPS 15, late 2015 version) and runs Windows 10 Pro, Sophos Anti Virus, and is on a work domain. (No recent group policy changes have been made)
Desktop (My main machine, I use it to RDP to my laptop when working) also runs windows 10 pro, and Sophos, and is on my home workgroup
Media PC Runs Vista ultimate, on the homegroup and also runs Sophos.
My issue is that as of late December, my work laptop is no longer visible on my home network, I can't see it under "network" anymore, and I can no longer RDP to it (I like to work from my desktop and RDP to it when working from home). On the Laptop I can no longer see any other devices, including my MFD (Cannon Pixma MG770) which works fine on my Desktop (and should be independent to domain/homegroup settings). File sharing still works between the Vista media PC and Windows 10 Desktop. The laptop is still connected to my wireless network, and had internet access, it can also see my router as a device.
- Network profile is set to private on both Windows 10 machines.
- Network discovery is set to on on both Windows 10 machines.
- File and Print sharing is set to on on both Windows 10 machines.
- No recent group policy changes have been made on the domain machine
- No Known network configuration changes have ben made since it worked.
- It has previously worked with the domain machine/workgroup mix with no home group configured (unless there is one by default?)
- My previous work laptop (Dell XPS 15z, Windows 7 pro) worked fine on this configuration for years
- My Router is a Billion BiPAC 7800NXL, no configuration changes have been made there since this worked.
- I can't try with wired LAN as the new XPS has no Ethernet port.
- My gut feeling is it was an update that caused the issue.
- Other software installed on both machines is VMware Player (only mentioned as it adds another visible network connection)
- Work laptop also has WatchGuard VPN software, (mainly unused, but it was installed previously when everything was working)
- I doubt it is anti virus as I run the same version on all my machines, and only one is affected.
- The problem persists if I disable the firewall on both machines.
Thanks in advance.