Windows 10 Facebook App will not work.

After dropping and crashing my surface pro screen, I got a new one (warranty) with windows 10 loaded.  I spent a year and a half learning to use windows 8 successfully.  I hate windows 10.  Everything, and I mean everything is harder.  Even to go to SHUT DOWN.  I have added the Facebook app several times but it will not load my facebook data.  I know my password is correct, I can get on the internet with that password.  But it will not work on the app.  My printer will also not print PDFs on windows 10.   Please help me with Facebook.  thanks.  Kathryn 

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you’re not able to use your Facebook App on your Surface Pro. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

1. What is the Make and Model of your Printer?

2. Does issue occur only while printing PDF files?

3. Do you see any error message?

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the link mentioned below: 

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/apps-and-windows-store/troubleshoot-apps-on-surface?os=windows-10

Hope this information helps. If not, Please reply us with the required information so we can research and provide you with the appropriate solution.  

Thank you.

Sincerely, 

Ankit Rajput

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your response.  My printer is HP officejet 6500 E710n-z .  I do not get an error message although the print job shows up in the Que.  But does not print.  I have tried many work arounds to no avail.

I have re-installed FAcebook multiple times.  Each time, same result.  I put question on FACEBOOK help but have no response. 

Kathryn Helm

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Whoops forgot one question.  it prints everything but a PDF.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

If you are using third party security software, try disabling third party security software and check. Disable third-party Security Software.

a. You should see an icon for your Antivirus program in the Task-bar notification area. It is usually at the bottom right corner of your desktop.

b. Click on the third-party Security Software Icon, you will see a pop up.

c. In that pop and select the option to disable, click on it.

d. Now the third-party Security Software will be disabled.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.  If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I Agree with you !  I'm so fed up with Microsoft ,Windows and Outlook , if I was 30 years younger ! would tell them where to stick it !   I called for support ! and Have a Case # 1359948423 and try to call them back the next day and can't even get anyone to answer the Phone !    would Love to have Nothing but APPLE stuff !  Microsoft is to big for us small people !  Sick of Crashes every time they do an UPDATE !   tried to fix my own error Message of  0XC0000409 and  0X00007FF693CC11D0   and they send me to this web site so I can spend another $50 on (  TweakBit ) another program to Have conflicks with Windows Wonderful Operating system !    Oh and I to cannot get Facebook App to work on Windows 10  !  If you get a FIX for that please Email it to me ..... 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad you wrote this. I'm not having as much trouble with Windows 10 as you are. Sorry for that Microsoft's customer service should be much better than that. It's the Facebook app I can't get it to work either.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My facebook app does not work

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 30, 2020 Views 2,253 Applies to: