Windows 10 cant connect to Blackberry Hotspot

Hi,

I have recently bought a MacBook Air and have installed Windows 10 (64bit) and Office 16, through bootcamp.  I also use a Blackberry Z30 as my phone and to connect to the internet.  The MacBook air cant see the Blackberry Z30 hotspot.  I have downloaded BB Link and BB Blend on the MacBook Air (in Windows 10 partition) to ensure that all BB drivers are loaded.  I have also installed all Win10 and Office 16 updates.  But still the MacBook Air cant locate the BB hotspot.  The MacBook Air while running windows can see all other wifi connections (home router, iPhone5, Android, etc.).  But just not the BB hotspot.  Also, the BB hotspot is seen and can be connected to using my ipad, my other older laptop (Thinkpad X230), and Android phone, etc.

Now if I switch to Mac OS (Yosemite) then the MacBook Air is able to see the BB Hotspot.

So there is no problem with the BB hotspot or the BB, but there seems to be some problem with Win10 drivers.

Please let me know what to do.

Thx. Maneesh    

|

Hi Maneesh,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1.      Type troubleshooting in the search bar. 

2.      Select Troubleshooting.

3.      Select View all on the top left corner.

4.      Click on Network Adapter.

5.      Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend you to update the Network Adapter driver manually from the Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Use your PC as a mobile hotspot.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for responding.  However, having tried your suggestions this has not resolved the problem.  As mentioned earlier, the MacBook Air with Windows 10.1 (all updates installed) still does not see the Blackberry Hotspot (Z30).  The hotspot is visible and can be easily connected to all other devices (iphone, Android phone, Lenovo laptop, etc.).

Surely, there is some windows issue.  I am not able to figure this out.  Do suggest some other alternatives.

Regards,

Maneesh

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The only solution i have found to use the Blackberry 10 as the internet connection for Windows 10 is by associating the Windows 10 device via tethering with Blackberry, the Bluetooth capability seems pretty good even with the larger laptop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Paul, I agree this is the only alternative (bluetooth or teethering) to connect the two devices to gain internet access.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you both using BootCamp on Apple PCs? There is no issue with Windows 10 and a VZW Z30 hotspot on any of my Windows 10 PCs. It has to be an Apple issue. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this query.

Yes, I am using bootcamp to run Windows 10.  As mentioned above, the hotspot is visible if I run iOS (and I can also connect to it), hence I think it has to be Windows issue.  Do let me know if I am wrong.

Thx.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I am no Apple expert (e.g. never use them) but iOS and OSX (on your Mac PC) are different, right? Then you add the BootCamp on top of that. Here's a post that mentions "Bootcamp drivers". I know it is Windows 7 but there seem to be a lot of this type of issue. I'm just thinking you would be better off in an Apple forum (Bootcamp subforum) unless some Apple/BB 10 user can answer your question. Like you said, it is not a BB 10 issue and I have no issue with native Windows 10 connecting. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/40230-42-internet-connection-issue-windows-computer

I guess at the very least, you could try to ping the BB10 hotspot from within your Mac setup. What security software are you using?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Maneesh,

I'm currently having the exact same problem. I use the BB Passport and it connects as it should on OS X, but on bootcamp Win 10 it doesn't even find it.

Have you found a resolution?

Thanks,

Ghalib

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ghalib,

Haven't found a solution to connect via hotspot. Tethering (via cable) or bluetooth are the only options.  If you see the thread, its not clear whether this is a a WIN10 problem or OSX or is it due to some drivers that are not available when you load bootcamp and install WIN10 on a Macbook Air.  Either way, if you want to connect via hotspot use the OSX partition and if you like WIN10 on a Macbook Air (some people found it funny that we like WIN10 on Macbook Air) then use the tethering/bluetooth option.

Regards,

Maneesh 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have recently bought a MacBook Air and have installed Windows 10 (64bit) and Office 16, through bootcamp.  I also use a Blackberry Z30 as my phone and to connect to the internet.  The MacBook air cant see the Blackberry Z30 hotspot.  I have downloaded BB Link and BB Blend on the MacBook Air (in Windows 10 partition) to ensure that all BB drivers are loaded.  I have also installed all Win10 and Office 16 updates.  But still the MacBook Air cant locate the BB hotspot.  The MacBook Air while running windows can see all other wifi connections (home router, iPhone5, Android, etc.).  But just not the BB hotspot.  Also, the BB hotspot is seen and can be connected to using my ipad, my other older laptop (Thinkpad X230), and Android phone, etc.

Now if I switch to Mac OS (Yosemite) then the MacBook Air is able to see the BB Hotspot.

So there is no problem with the BB hotspot or the BB, but there seems to be some problem with Win10 drivers.

Please let me know what to do.

Thx. Maneesh    

try this solution:

1-go to settings in windows 10

2-click wifi and internet

3-click manage wifi settings

4-click the network or the hotspot you used to connect to internet using windows 7 or 8.

5-click forget to remove it from the wifi list.

6-click to scan wifi.

7-select the same hotspot.

8-enter hotspot security key

enjoy internet using windows 10.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 23, 2020 Views 2,898 Applies to: