Wifi problem

Split from this thread.

Well, if it's not too bold of me, since Najashanti hasn't shared info, I'll share mine, since I'm having the same problem, and it's driving me nuts. My system summary and event log:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aomj_fVe-Y4kgijwKm2iE96J2tu-

(While we're at it, yes, I have tried many things to try to fix this problem on my own. I've updated my drivers using Device Manager, the Intel Driver Update Utility, and manually. I've downgraded my drivers to the manufacturer-provided ones. I've cleanly re-installed Windows three times. I've switched wifi off and on from the BIOS menu. I've tried the Windows networking troubleshooter dozens of times. I've uninstalled several Cumulative Update 1607-related downloads, such as KB3193494 and KB3194798. I've hidden 1607 updates using the Wushowhide tool. I've adjusted the wifi adapter power settings. I've uninstalled various programs reported to be causing this problem, such as Intel Smart Connect Technology. Etc.)

Thanks too.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Just to clarify, do you happen to know what WiFi card do you have? There's a chance that you did not installed the correct drivers needed on your computer.

Download the proper driver from the manufacturer side and install it in compatibility mode. You may also try to contact the manufacturer and see if they could offer any further help.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please, HTML files are less easy to work with.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought I would pull some info from your Event Viewer and perhaps it will give you something to research.  I have the AC version of the 7260 and have not had any problems with it disconnecting.  I will be researching these also and I do get informational messages about NETwNb64 but I do not get warnings or errors.

Warning  Event ID 10400

The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.
This network interface has reset 6 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Error  Event ID 4003

WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity, performing Reset/Recover.adapter.

Code: 1 0xC 0x4

Info

The description for Event ID 5032 from source NETwNb64 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\NDMP1
Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Something else I might be able to check is the install file for your adapter.  You would need to use the Device Manger to locate the 7260.  Then right click and select properties. 

Open the Details tab and hold the mouse over the Property options.  You should be able to scroll to an entry called "inf section".  If you can give me the exact reference I will try to compare your install options versus mine.

Check this link at Intel for the adapter..

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/intel-wi-fi-products/intel-wireless-7200-series.html

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. Mine shows Install_MPCIEX_GENUINGFF_7260_BGN_2x2_HMC_WINB_64_BGN15.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. My report is here: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Aomj_fVe-Y4kgim6o4X2WijWaSg1

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the Intel Wireless-N 7260.

Perhaps, but as I noted, "I've updated my drivers using Device Manager, the Intel Driver Update Utility, and manually. I've downgraded my drivers to the manufacturer-provided ones. I've cleanly re-installed Windows three times."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How would I install "the component that raises this event"?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please provide an updated copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type msinfo32 and click OK . Place the cursor on System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save. Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My second system information file is here:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Aomj_fVe-Y4kgiqYHoViV8WQiBMi

My second event log is here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aomj_fVe-Y4kgisSjKKAYCMq4f3o

Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 29, 2021 Views 4,283 Applies to: