When I connect to a web page, some do open, but these do not open( yahoo, google, google search, youtube, and facebook. What do I do?

After I did the Windows 10 Update, my computer started acting weird... Well it already was acting weird. 

When I tried to log on to a web page it always said, 'ERR_Connection_Closed' or 'The Webpage is unavailable'

I have tried Yahoo, Google, google search, YouTube(YouTube is my life), and Facebook, but not one of them works. They don't even work on Edge.

I tried going to other websites and they worked. BestBuy, Battle.net, Steam, Spotify, and a bunch of others worked. So if my internet works, why are the pages not working?

After working with my computer a bit I got Google to work, but it stopped working again.

One more thing. When I type in a URL that works, it always says 'about:blank'

What do I have to do to fix this problem?

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Check whether the websites are listed in the resisted area and if they are present in the restricted area remove it from the list and try to access the websites. Follow the steps mentioned below if you are using the Internet Explorer.

1)  Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools.

2)  Click on Internet Options and click on the security tab.

3)  Click on Restricted sites and click on the sites button.

4)  If any of these websites are listed in the restricted sites, select the websites and click on the remove button to remove it from the list.

5) Click on Close and then Apply and OK.

Check whether you are able to access the websites.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Internet Explorer FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/internet-explorer-help

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had same issue on my PC : some sites (google, facebook, ...) KO with all possible browsers (ie, edge, chrome, safari, firefox) while other sites were OK (fi bing)

I could fix the issue on my PC by disabling ipv6

I followed this procedure :

http://www.techunboxed.com/2014/10/how-to-disable-ipv6-in-windows-10.html

And after a boot, all websites were accessible with all browsers; no negative side effect for the time being.

Hope it can help ...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2023 Views 122 Applies to: