The signature of this program is corrupted or invlid

Hello!:-)
I have a problem with proces of downloading the graphic driver (Radeon HD 8500M - graphic card) fom official AMD site.

I am using Windows 10 EDU.

So when a start to download that driver with IE11 and also with Edge I do not have any problem but when the proces of downloading was completed, after security checking, a got this message:

The signature of this program is corrupted or invalid.
Can someone help my with this problem?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Aleksandar

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2019 Views 2,217 Applies to:

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

As per the description, I understand that you are getting an error “signature of this program is corrupt or invalid”. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings.

Try this first and check if the issue can be fixed other continue with the methods suggested.

Go to download manager of IE, find the file in the download list and the most important thing, right click that file. Click " run it anyway ".

Let’s follow below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Method 1: Disable software with invalid signature to run in Internet Explorer

a) Open Internet Explorer browser from Desktop.

b) From the menu bar select Tools Select Internet Options.

c) In the Internet Options window, select Advanced tab.

d) Scroll down and un-check the Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid

e) Click OK to save the settings. Then close the Internet Options window.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: Reset Internet Explorer

Refer: What to do when Internet explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Also if you have Microsoft Security Essentials, remove it and check if the issue is fixed.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards
Joy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, Joy.

Thank
you for your answer but I do not use, as I wrote, Windows 7. The system I use is: Windows 10 EDU.
The problem that I have which was described in previous post was not manifested after a complete reinstallation of the system, but manifests itself after a complete update of the Windows operating system (Action in Update center).
I tried the methods that you've suggested to me, but they have not produced good results.
How to solve this problem?
Advance grateful.
Alexander

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please let us know the results of the troubleshooting so that we can take it forward from there. Without any error code or error message, it is difficult to determine the issue.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated in this regard.

We look forward to hear from you.  

Thanks & Regards
Joy

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Sirs,

I'm sorry but I could not answer before.
I solved the problem, which I described in previous posts.
The next day I installed Windows updates are offered and after that I did not have a problem.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Best regards.

Aleksandar

Sorry this didn't help.

go to your settings if you have windows 10 and type windows defender, when you get there turn off all your 'ON BUTTONS..then download and see if everything also installs and is visible..if so then go back and turn on all OFF BUTTONS. you may have to restart computer after down loads. In windows 10 ..windows defender is just another way of getting to your virus protecter settings.

Sorry this didn't help.