No internet, open. Wifi not working.

Hi there! I am trying to connect to that ARCCA wifi but for some reason I get that message "No internet, open". The network/router works just fine since I can connect to it using my phone or my roommate's laptop. 

I tried troubleshooting it myself but I didn't mange to get it working. Also when I try to ping the default gateway I get a 100% loss.

Connecting to any other network works just fine, I used my phone both as public and private hotspot.

Thank you for trying to help me!

Have you tried forgetting the wireless network, restart then reconnect to it again? Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Wir-Fi > Manage known networks Select the Wi-Fi network then click Forget
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

52 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

How else did you Troubleshoot? 1) Type Troubleshoot in Start Search, open the Troubleshooters. 2) Run Network adapter, Internet Connection, Incoming Connections and Hardware Troubleshooters. 3) Try flushing DNS: https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/227988627-How-to-clear-the-DNS-Cache-on-a-computer-and-web-browsers- I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until this is resolved.
Windows MVP 2010-2020 (ret).
Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 14 years.
Please notify me in my articles' Comments if a tutorial link is outdated or ads intrude.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I managed to flush the DNS but still no improvements.

I also run the troubleshooter on the network adapter and the internet connections and I get the fallowing errors.

Internet connections:

Network adapter:

Forgetting the networks and restarting didn't help either.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you checked your router and Modem functionality? Will it connect to another network, e.g. Starbucks, school, work, etc. 1) If you have no access to these then ask the owner to restart. If this fails contact the help desk who manages the network. If you own the router and modem: 2) First power off both router and modem, or gateway if both. Wait five minutes. 3) At the same time restart your PC. 4) Now power up the modem, plug the PC directly into the modem to see if it connects to the internet. 5) If so, restart the modem, plug in router to modem, power up router, plug PC into router, restart PC. See if it has a connection to internet. 6) If no connection, right click Network icon in PC SYstem tray, run Troubleshooter. Contact your Internet Service Provider for support included in your internet plan. 7) If it connects via ethernet, unplug cable, restart PC, try connecting via wireless network. 8) If this fails reset your router per the model's Manual found on it's Support Downloads webpage. Then run Setup again per its Setup instructions. If this has problems contact the router manufacturer or replace it.
Windows MVP 2010-2020 (ret).
Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 14 years.
Please notify me in my articles' Comments if a tutorial link is outdated or ads intrude.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 54,466 Applies to: