How can I enable compatibility view in Edge?

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can no longer open the web-enabled applications from work in Edge. These applications use older versions of IE. Before, in IE 11, I added my company's web domain to the list for compatibility view and that worked fine. However, I cannot find this option in Edge anymore. 

When I search on the Internet and on this forum for compatibility view settings in Edge, I only find instructions for IE. Does anyone know if Edge can be used to properly show older IE web pages (IE 7 and higher)? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2019 Views 150,364 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Joh,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether your system is connected to domain.

To make Microsoft Edge a faster, smoother browsing experience, it was designed to use the latest technologies. If the website you are trying to view uses older technologies, such as certain types of frames or ActiveX controls, it won’t display correctly in Edge.

Note: If you face any issues opening the websites on the EDGE browser, you may open the websites using Internet Explorer. On the EDGE browser, click on (…) button on the top right corner and select Open with Internet Explorer. This will help you to access the websites.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

192 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Kiran, thanks for your reply. I already discovered in the meantime that I can choose the option to open in IE, but had hoped it would be possible to use Edge. At least you are clear that this is not possible.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Kiran,

Thank you for the response on this as well.  Connecting through IE has solved one of my problems and now I can see the link to connect to my computer at work.  However, I am currently getting an error now while trying to connect to Remote Web Workplace on my office's Windows Small Business Server 2008.  The error is regarding the remote desktop protocol and displays as follows:

I had previously been able to connect with RDP on this same computer using Windows 8.1. Please advise.  Thanks.

Ray LaBarge

Windows 10

HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Sleekbook

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Kiran,

Thank you for the response on this as well.  Connecting through IE has solved one of my problems and now I can see the link to connect to my computer at work.  However, I am currently getting an error now while trying to connect to Remote Web Workplace on my office's Windows Small Business Server 2008.  The error is regarding the remote desktop protocol and displays as follows:

I had previously been able to connect with RDP on this same computer using Windows 8.1. Please advise.  Thanks.

Ray LaBarge

Windows 10

HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Sleekbook

I've discovered the exact same problem as mentioned above. Please can someone help us???

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue.  I thought since i could see the connect to a computer option that I could connect to the server, but I received the error message.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue. I currently have my IT department looking into it since we got this error a few years ago...reviewing old notes. Until then, anyone else know how to get around this?

And has anyone had any success trying to use the APP for remote access that Microsoft recently released? I cannot get it to connect...however, that could be because our server needs to be upgraded. It's not really set up for the App world just yet.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not there.

After long months spent trying to get Edge to work how I need it, I've given up and it's now permanently in the apps list NOT on my taskbar as a shortcut.  I use IE 11 as main browser and Firefox (43) as secondary.

The long history of Microsoft taking something good and completely ruining it is well documented.  There have been a few poor IE's over the years but 11 was as good as can be and Edge in comparison seems like an apprentice piece that should have been discarded.

Compatibility is a joke, display interactivity is poor and controls are all over the place. The toolbar and menu placements are the work of an 11 year old kid who just wants to mess with the adults.  The appearance of Edge is pure Android with clinical edges and no character, it's like a Zombie version of IE 11...a body with no brain.

Do yourself a favour and use another browser until Edge 2 comes out and then we'll see.

47 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not just Edge, but many other idiosyncrasies of Windows 10 which had left me wondering if MS actually tries to annoy it’s customer base to a maximum extent possible. I have used Windows 10 for a week and ran from one problem / annoyance to the next (e.g. no more placeholder folders/files of online onedrive folders in Windows explorer, sync problems with Onedrive, hardware which failed (on a new Lenovo X1 Carbon!), etc. So, I rolled back to 8.1, which worked fine for me.

Thanks for your reply. It confirms my own experience and that I made the right decision. I’ll leave W10 for a year in the hope that MS comes to their senses. As usual, MS launches a new / half product and then uses their customer base to run into the problems. I'll pass for the privilege.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I use Windows 10 on desktop, laptop and mobile and find it okay to use. There are obviously little problems which should be cleared by 2nd or 3rd major update but as Windows 10 isn't quite finished yet, I'm on Evaluation copy: Build 11102.rs1 Release 160113-1800 on my Windows 10 Pro laptop and it is slowly getting there.

In trying to play the IOS and Android markets at their own game Microsoft is releasing stuff about 3-6 months too early.

Sorry this didn't help.

you windows 8.1 install was likely damaged somewhere causing Windows10 issues as windows works extremely well with a fresh install and to be honest I have many Windows 7 and 8 machine upgrades that are working very well. It all depends on how clean the upgraded machine was and most home machine are not close to clean!

Edge moved past active X gotta move with the time folks! People **** about active-x not that it is gone people **** that it is gone... LMAO!

Just make IE the default for any RWW sites works perfectly.

Sorry this didn't help.