Download speed throttled in window 10

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 10 Home premium, my download speeds have been very low. My internet speed is 2.5MBps and after upgrading to Win10 the speed couldn't go over 500-600KBps, so I contacted MS support and the agent after 2 hours was able to fix it to some extent. He used cmd prompt window and used "scannow" command and then optimized my window somehow which improved the speed upto 1.5MBps and said to wait for windows update and it might fix this issue. I have waited over a week now and feel that there might be some answers in this community. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I'm connected via wifi and checking my speed from speedtest.net. Other PCs running windows 7 is showing 2.5MBps as usual but not this one. It was okay in windows 7 when I was running it.
I have also deleted the windows.old folder so I can't revert back either nor would I like to.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1 : Run Internet Connection troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.

2. Click on View all.

3. Click on Internet Connection.

4. Follow the instruction.

Similarly run Network Adaptor troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 2: If issue persists uninstall the network adapter drivers and re-install the same and check if that fixes the issue. 

Follow the steps to uninstall the network adapter drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manager.
b. Expand Network adapters.
c. Right on the Network Adapter and select uninstall.

e. Restart the computer.  

Once completed, restart your computer. Your network adapter Drivers will automatically install. 

You may also logon to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest drivers and get it installed.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2021 Views 4,735 Applies to: