Can't reach router login screen from any browser in Windows 10

I can't reach the login screen of my Asus wireless router from my Windows 10 desktop PC. However, the router seems to be working in all respects, and I can reach its login screen from a laptop on the same LAN and from my iPhone. From the desktop I have internet access through the router, I can ping the router OK. I have verified the ip address of the router is correct, but from the Edge browser I get a message "Hmmm can't reach this page" and similarly from IE and Firefox. This login used to work, and have made no recent system changes, but just noticed I can no longer reach login page from the desktop. Perhaps there is a Windows setting that is incorrect, but I have not found it.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

In order for us to assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried resetting your Router? ( Make sure that you do have a back-up and still have the sticker code on your router that contains the default username and password.)
  • Is your Windows 10 PC connected via WiFi to your router? If yes, Have you tried Ethernet (wired) or vice versa.

After resetting your router, you may check this article: Fix network connection issue in Windows 10. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue. Please check this sections of that article:

1. Run the network troubleshooter followed by networking commands.
  2. Temporarily turn off firewalls.
  3. Temporarily turn off any antivirus or malware prevention software.
  4. Use network reset to reinstall network devices.

We look forward to your response.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 23, 2020 Views 5,080 Applies to: