"Work or school account problem" when Windows 10 starts and at random times thereafter

I receive this error popup when restarting the machine and at irregular intervals thereafter.

I have Windows 10, and an o365 subscription.

When I click on the link to fix the problem, I am presented with a list of 3 accounts which have previously logged on to this machine. One is my own, the other two are accounts have borrowed this machine in the past to access their own accounts.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

These accounts won't use this device again but i see no way to remove them from the list.

I have checked credential manager and there are no instances of these accounts listed.

I am unable to manage these other credentials as I do not have contact with the individuals or their organisations  

How can I remove these accounts, or fix the issue?

Answer
Answer

I have been having the same annoying problem.  Even when Microsoft support logged in he could not fix it as he claimed some program was using it and that was why I could not delete it.

I just fixed by following this link (rather should say I FINALLY removed my old work account)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-a-work-or-school-account-from-windows/22403d43-91b6-4724-b509-ab3d28031e05

1. Open Settings > Accounts > Access work or school

2. Click on the Organisational account you added previously

3. Click on "Disconnect"

4. A prompt will appear asking if you are sure

5. Click Yes

6. A further prompt will appear asking you to disconnect from the organisation

7. Click Disconnect

8. A yellow error message says "This PC isn't joined to a domain"

451 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 109,818 Applies to: