Signing in to windows 10 with work email account

I have been given an Office365 account for work, and will be using it on a laptop that is owned by me and currently set up for personal use.  I want to have two user login accounts, one personal and the second one using the work account.  To do this I seem to need to have a Microsoft account in the work email address, but Microsoft will not let me create one - the instruction is to use a personal or Outlook.com email address.  It looks like I am being directed towards "Access work or school" in Settings/Accounts, but this doesn't look like it will give me the complete separation of work and personal access that I am trying to create.

Does this mean I have to build a work-around using a third email address and then just configure Office/Outlook to the work account email once logged in using the third non-work email?

So the way it works is you can only have one Microsoft account logged in at a time attached to your windows account.
So can not have 2 Microsoft accounts logged in a the same time.
You could have 2 Microsoft accounts on the PC but you would have to switch between accounts, kind of a hassle.
I have 3 Microsoft accounts and what I have done is setup my personal as the main one so the one that is assigned to my local account.
I did this by going to start - settings - accounts and then adding my Personal Microsoft account to the login.
Then for my o365 and azure accounts I just add them in Windows Mail.

Does this make sense?

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 16,708 Applies to: