Recover Bit Locker key to login through BIOS

hello

bitlockery recovery key   starting bios   dell laptop

os windows10  i wnat bitlocker recovery key

***Modified title from: bitlocker recovery key bios start problem***

Hi AbhishekEllangi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
  2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
  3. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

I would suggest you to follow these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Find the Bit locker key.

I would suggest you to search for the Bit locker key, please refer the Microsoft article on Find my BitLocker recovery key.Once you have found the key, try to login and check.

Method 2: Enable Secure Boot.

It might be that the Secure Boot has been disabled and some BIOS updates have caused this to happen, so follow the below steps and toggle the UEFI Secure Boot in BIOS.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

1. Power the device off and then back on.

2. Look for a message on the boot screen just before or after the manufacturer logo appears. You may need to press the “F1”,”F2”, or ”Delete” button, whatever key is indicated on the boot screen to enter BIOS Settings.

3. Inside BIOS, look for a tab called BOOT and select that page.

1. Depending on the BIOS manufacturer this page could be BOOT, ADVANCED, STARTUP, etc.

4. Look for a setting for UEFI Secure Boot.

1. Each BIOS could have a different name for this. These are the keywords to look for: UEFI, Secure Boot, Legacy Boot

5. Toggle the Secure Boot setting to enable and attempt to boot the machine.

Regards,

Roohi Taj S 

Microsoft Community - Moderator 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 12,432 Applies to: