Missing Windows 10 user account

My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to.  In other words, my windows boot-up screen does not list that account, nor does any account setting screen show that user name, yet the lower level "net user <username>" command shows that account as existing AND as being active.

This is what I have tried to fix the problem (to no avail):

1.  Using the "net user <username> /ACTIVE:yes|no" command to toggle it non-active and active.  (Activating the normally hidden "Administrator" user caused that username to now appear as a user to switch or log-on to).

2.  Doing a system restore back to a point where I know that account username was listed.  Doing this had no effect, the account was still listed as active with the "net user <username>" command but missing from the list of accounts to switch or log-on to.

The inbuilt Administrator account has exactly the same privileges as any other admin account. You could therefore use one of those.

I recently answered a similary post in which the poster reported that some of his accounts would not appear in the logon screen. He fixed it by running the Media Creation Tool.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 13, 2021 Views 24 Applies to: