Intel RealSense F200 Stop working after upgrade to Windows 10 1903

I had used an Intel RealSense F200 depth camera for Windows Hello Face Recognition.

It works fine under Windows 10 1809 and before.

After I upgrade my Windows 10 to Windows 10 1809 (18362.30), Windows Hello Face Recognition not work anymore.

It looks that the service of Intel RealSense "RealSenseDCM" can't start successfully.

There is error event 7023 of "Service Control Manager" in event viewer.

If try to start the service manually, it will show an error dialog with error code 0x80010119.

The error message in English is "Security must be initialized before any interfaces are marshalled or unmarshalled. It cannot be changed once initialized".

I had tested on another Windows 10 1903 PC, and have the same issue.

How can I fix it?

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2019 Views 709 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

The issue can be if camera drivers are not updates or are corrupted. I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the articles: RealSense™ Troubleshooting and IIS: Services Fail to Start with Event ID 7023.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. How to back up and restore the registry in Windows 

Also, I would request you to update the chipset and firmware drivers on Computer. Please note that modifying the Firmware/Chipset drivers incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

If you need any further assistance, please reply with the make and model of the Computer.

Regards,

Naresh Kumar
Microsoft Community – Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank for your reply.

1. The troubleshooting doesn't help.
    I had tried to reinstall Intel RealSense driver many times, but no help.
  2. For the document "IIS: Services Fail to Start with Event ID 7023.", there is no registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Rpc\Internet" in my system at all.
    Although the event ID is the same, I think that is total different problem.

3. The BIOS of my MB is the latest version.
    Since it works fine under Windows 10 1809, I thinks it should not be the issue of BIOS.

Sorry this didn't help.

have the same issue aswell.. tried a couple of things...

had issues before...

apparently the intel realsense f200 camera is not supported anymore and just a pile of crap as so many other devices... 

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an Intel RealSense Camera SR300 and experienced a similar failure on 1903.  For me there is some race condition where if the camera drivers load before the "Intel RealSense Depth Camera Manager Service SR300" service starts then the service fails to start and cannot be started.  I worked around the issue by unplugging the camera to unload the drivers, manually starting the service, then plugging the camera back in.  Works fine for everything until I reboot then I have to manually get the service started again.

Hope this helps,

- Doug

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

So update... this is weird. I had unplugged the device and now re-plugged it after the installing the Creative drivers for RealSense developer kit and now Windows Hello setup works again.

See here for the Creative driver download link: https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=13622

Thought I would add some screenshots for documentation since I can also reproduce the exact issue described in all the replies here:

So my rant from earlier, below, is not relevant...

I tried reinstalling the Intel driver as suggested from this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gestures/troubleshooting-realsense-camera, but what happened is that the driver got uninstalled and I am NOT able to install it again as the process gets stuck on the driver installer trying to install a firmware upgrade on the device which fails.

Pfft. I'm tired of the issue with the Creative VF0800 or Intel RealSense SR300 device always having issues again with Windows Hello after a Windows 10 Update. This was the last time it stopped working on me. Windows Hello is cool, but having to deal with these **** driver and install issues is not worth the trouble and effort any longer!

Shame. It was cool when it lasted. The RealSense camera could still be used as a webcam, but since it doesn't have a microphone it's purpose is super limited at the moment. The Intel Developer Kit stopped working as is now the only reasons I kept the camera around. Shame for the hardware and the money I put into this.

Sorry Kheresy and the other users having the same issue that my post was only ranting and not contributing.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also found the service RealSenseDCM can start successfully when RealSense F200 is not attached.

But when I attach F200 after the service start, I still can't enable Windows Hello by F200.

The is an event: CameraStartupFailureEvent (event id 1001)

P1: 2.2.1811.10000
P2: CameraStartupTimedOut
P3: 0x800705b4

I have an Intel RealSense Camera SR300 and experienced a similar failure on 1903.  For me there is some race condition where if the camera drivers load before the "Intel RealSense Depth Camera Manager Service SR300" service starts then the service fails to start and cannot be started.  I worked around the issue by unplugging the camera to unload the drivers, manually starting the service, then plugging the camera back in.  Works fine for everything until I reboot then I have to manually get the service started again.

Hope this helps,

- Doug

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have a SR300 and have problems. When having the SDK installed the camera works fine in the software but I can't use the cam to log in or for other purposes. 
Bussy now for 3 hours or so to get it to work but no victory yet. 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem with my SR300 after upgrade to 1903.  I can use the camera but Windows Hello stopped working.

Sorry this didn't help.

By me too! 

Sorry this didn't help.