Incorrect Password Bug

I am unable to access my local windows account, its been five days now but it keeps telling me the password is incorrect. I have looked around and tried several options but to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated, please bear in mind the following:

• It is a local account not my Microsoft one.
  • The password I enter is CORRECT, that means there is no BloqMayus, Num Lock, Keyboard language settings, or other common issues at play here.
  • I have tried the screen keyboard
  • Any option that requires password will not work, including system restore, command prompt, any safe mode, and other advanced recovery options 
  •  I have tried using two password resetting tools booting through a USB (I cannot use CD/DVD in this laptop), only to find out at the very end that such free versions do not let me reset it. I do not want to purchase any of these.
  • I did not create a password reset disk so I cannot reset it with the password reset wizard.

Thank you very much for any advice, I am really desperate.

Hi, I´m Douglas M.

I would like to help you, try to apply this please:

https://www.howtogeek.com/96630/how-to-reset-yo...

kinds Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Completely forgot about this question. I have managed to resolve this issue, using the Hiren's BootCD tool:

https://www.hirensbootcd.org/

For this I had to tweak my BIOS/UEFI settings to allow booting from a flash drive, where the tool was installed. The exact changes necessary will vary depending on your device but will all be similar. For my ASUS laptop I basically had to disable UEFI's Secure Boot to enable CSM support and be able to boot from the said flash drive.

Having booted from the flash drive, I used the Lazesoft Password Recovery tool included; one of many free tools available in Hiren's BootCD. From there I basically followed the wizard's steps to remove the password from my local account, restarted my laptop and removed the flash drive. I was then able to access without needing a password.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Many thanks for the help, I was thinking of trying out what you suggested when I came across the solution I mention. But it seems yours would have worked just fine as well. Forgot to post again until now.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 17, 2020 Views 650 Applies to: