Change Ownership of Microsoft Windows

Hi, hope someone here can help.

I recently purchased a computer, complete with Windows 10 Pro and all the Office apps. Everything seems to be working fine, but there is a message that continually comes up, asking me to clear up a problem by logging into my Microsoft account. When I try it tells me that my login information is invalid. I do own other Windows machines with Windows Home and have a login for those.

The message is as follows. It looks like an email address, but I don't know what PwrHsePro is. The message is as follows:

Hello-enable your Microsoft account.

You need to use Windows Hello or enter your PIN to finish adding *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I'm thinking this message has something to do with the previous owner of my PC, but I need to change it.

Thanks for your help on this

The Windows & Office signature may be attached to the previous owners microsoft account. If you change it you may lose the signature and your office and Windows signature may become inactive.

I guess removing the preevious users microsoft from the computer will break the link. Then you should enter your own microsoft account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Could the previous owner remove his account from WIndows and Office? If so, I could ask him to do so and then register it with information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2018 Views 77 Applies to: