Can't login with my Microsoft Account for the first time, even though it shows in my Microsoft account as one of my devices.

I have a "new" refurbished Acer spin 3. I try to log in using my Microsoft account for the first time and it accepts my login address and password, but then asks for it again. The second time it tells me it is the wrong password. I have done this dozens of times, I check with the eye each time. I can log into the Microsoft store using a local login and on my other computers no problem. It also shows up as a device in my Microsoft account.  What's going on?

Update, I have reset my password, used the onscreen keyboard, and a HOST of other "fixes. 

Hi PattiRyan1,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Try first the steps indicated in this link to troubleshoot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12429/...

Hope it helps.
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not trying to login from a browser, so that's not it. 

I can log in to the computer using the Acer local account. I CAN'T login to the 

I enter my email. I enter the password ( even tried on screen keyboard) then it asks for it again, I enter again and it tells me it the incorrect password. I CAN log into the Microsoft store with my email and password, and into my account through a browser, just not through windows. I'd really like to avoid resetting my Microsoft password. Should I reinstall windows?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PattiRyan1,

I'm sorry that the solutions is different from what you are encountering. Reinstalling windows will be are last resort, for now try this steps instead to troubleshoot the issue.

https://windowsreport.com/unable-to-login-with-...

Hope it helps.
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

NO, I am not going to download some potentially dangerous software. It's a new computer, so reinstalling windows is no big deal. I have no software installed & no files I can loose.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PattiRyan1,

If you are ok doing a clean install then its ok. It would be the fastest way to troubleshoot the issue. You can check the steps indicated in this link on how to do a clean install of windows.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! I am on PS4 Minecraft. And it says im signed in. But when I click 'sign in with your Microsoft account'  it processes it for a few minutes but then says "Failed to Login- We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft Account, but something went wrong"  I keep trying. But it keeps saying the same thing. What do I do?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2023 Views 162 Applies to: