Deleted account still shows up on login screen

Good day,

I recently decided to make another account and saw that there was an option to add a family member so I did using their email account but I later decided to delete it but now everytime I login it shows up the email and password to login to that deleted account. I tried logging into it with the password which I'm sure is correct but it rejects it. I tried doing everything such as deleting all files associated with it, using command prompt to delete it but still no luck. Any help will be appreciated, it isn't stopping me from using my laptop but its annoying logging in to see that deleted account showing up first everytime.

Thanks,

Jeremy

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi Jeremy,

For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having the issue, may we know which browser are you using?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, maybe I wasn't clear but this isn't a browser issue, the issue is with a windows 10 account not being completely removed after taking all the steps to do so. 

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for clarifying. There's a possibility that the Windows 10 account isn't completely deleted. We recommend that you follow the steps below in case you haven't tried it yet and see if it resolves the issue:

1. Right-click on the Start button and then select Computer Management.
     2. Navigate down through Local Users and Groups, and then double-click on Users.

3. Locate the username in the list that you’d like to delete.
     3. Right-click the user account, and then click on Delete.

Take note of the following:

• Before you perform this procedure, you must provide credentials for the Administrator account on the local computer (if you are prompted), or you must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer.
  • When deleting a user account, it is recommended that you first disable the account. When you are certain that disabling the account has not caused a problem, you can safely delete the account.
  • Once you delete a user account, it cannot be recovered.
  • The Guest account and the Administrator account cannot be deleted.

Should you encounter any further issues, feel free to get back to us.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2024 Views 15,441 Applies to: