Wireless display in Windows 10 doesn't work properly because Win 10 doesn't recognize Tcl-Roku TV as a Display?

I have three Pc's in my network running Windows 10 and have two different outcomes for wireless display! PC 1 Dell N5010 Samsung Evo 850 SSD 8Gb ram. On this PC Windows 10 sees TCL-Roku TV as "Other Device". Pc 2 Dell E6500 Samsung Evo 850 SSD 8Gb ram. This PC also sees Roku TV as "other device" Neither of these will connect to the Roku TV! PC 3 is a custom built intel 7600k CPU sitting on an Asus z170 Mark 1 mother board with 32 GB ram with an Nvidia GT 740 the Nvidia driver doesn't support miracast but the onboard intel card does so does the wifi/bluetooth network card when I cast to the Roku sound doesn't transmit with the video! The aforementioned is attached to a Philips TV as a monitor the irony is all the devices wifi stream to the Philips TV because they provide an app that makes it happen, the app uses a lot of resources but as you can read all PC's here have resources to spare. Why doesn't Microsoft provide an app that streams? Come on guys my three Android devices stream to either tv with the touch of a button! This isn't rocket science the fact I have to install a Chromecast on one of these PC's is sad. My custom build can fly the space shuttle! I mean really!!!! Please advise!!

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2019 Views 1,312 Applies to:

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues with the wireless display connections. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the below articles and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter on Windows 10:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/a38b3227-8c64-8634-fa10-966267e87b5b/microsoft-basic-display-adapter-on-windows-10

Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters:
https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/support/troubleshooting/adapters/common-issues  

How do I setup my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?
https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/support/how-to/adapters/setup

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for trying either you didn't read the entire post or you don't understand the content.  How do I know this? The reply you sent. #1 All three of the mentioned PC's have streamed wireless to my Philips TV because they had the foresight to have Funai write an app for that purpose.  This is not a hardware issue! It's a driver issue with Nvidia on my custom build they didn't bother to build in support for streaming. The onboard video card is Intel and supports WiDi. The funny thing about that is it doesn't transmit audio with the video signal.  Buying a 4Gb  DDR 5 video card just to have Microsoft tell me to use their"Basic" display driver is just plain ludicrous. Last but not least No amount of troubleshooting is  going to solve the issue for the aforementioned reasons. Chromecast it is! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.