Windows 10 won't play, rip, or recognize any audio cd's

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now when I put a cd in the drive it won't play them or even recognize that there's a cd in the drive. Windows Media Player would always play the cd and I would use that program to rip music. Even File Explorer doesn't even list or recognize that there is a cd in the drive. I have new cd's that I want to rip into my computer and I cannot and it's really starting to frustrate me. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution or have a suggestion on how to fix this issue?
With this issue worded differently, an "Insider" posted a response that one just need to search for, then run Windows Media Player. But I and the rest (143 complainers in the other thread and 126 in this one) have found that has no bearing on the fact that with Windows 10, the computer will NOT recognize that a CD is even in the drive. That has just obsoleted thousands of dollars worth of music CDs in my collection. F(*&%-Off Microsoft!!!!!!!! Windows 10 is STILL NOT NEAR as good as Windows XP was 15 years ago. Progress is not necessarily in a forward direction.

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have not had a problem with a bought copy of windows 10. When I changed from windows 7 to windows 10 in the free upgrade, That is when I had problems. THE UPGRADE did not recognise my dvd burners in my P.C. And when I went back to windows 7,That is what you can do if your not happy with Windows 10. It came up on my screen ,That my copy of Windows 7 was a counterfeit copy, which it wasn't because I had bought a new P.c from a proper dealer with Windows 7 already installed on it. So if you buy a copy of Windows 10 direct from Microsoft, It should be o.k.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this issue as well. What I REALLY don't understand is why, after 7 months, Microsoft has done nothing to answer this question. What is the purpose of an "answers" site if there are no answers? Can't a Microsoft tech jump on and answer this?

My Lenovo laptop came with Win 10. It's never figured out audio cd's, either playing them or ripping them. VERY frustrating. I feel ripped off. It also struggles to figure out DVD's but I've figured out round-about ways of getting it to "find" the dvd disk and play it. 

181 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

WHY FOR THE LOVE OF HANNAH IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?

I CANNOT PLAY OR BURN MY CD"S

46 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

While I truly hate this answer.... I've had some success with iTunes.  The external drives I'm using won't show anything in Media Player (though they'll play after a reboot but without a track listing) but in iTunes they seem to be working fine.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2024 Views 9,376 Applies to: