windows 10 USB power output

This is my suggestion-when a setting is enabled, most of the power is redirected from the computer to the USB port, so when you switch the setting on while a phone is plugged in, it will charge faster. This is great for when you need to charge your phone when you are out and about. When the setting is enabled, the processing power from the CPU can be decreased and other settings such as WiFi can be disabled, and whenever the person wants to discontinue use of the setting (i.e. the phone is fully charged), he can press any key to deactivate the setting and resume computer use.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a similar problem after the 1709 update i can no longer provide power to the USB hubs after the PC is shut down or in sleep mode - this is with USB selective suspend disabled.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

No, this is not a problem, this is my suggestion. I can do it, but I feel it is not enough power when the computer is in sleep mode because all the power is being wasted by the computer, and that wasted power would be useful for supplying additional power to the USB ports if needed.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

MY WIFI ISNT WORING

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

what do you mean

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, this is not a problem, this is my suggestion. I can do it, but I feel it is not enough power when the computer is in sleep mode because all the power is being wasted by the computer, and that wasted power would be useful for supplying additional power to the USB ports if needed.

The maximum current that can be supplied by a USB port is determined by the chip that drives it. It is not determined by the amount of power that the battery or power supply could deliver. The USB standard specifies 500 mA and this is what the makers comply with. Maybe future USB generations will raise this limit.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe we can upgrade that on our favourite computer somehow? But where would the chip be located?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe we can upgrade that on our favourite computer somehow? But where would the chip be located?

The chip is mounted on the motherboard. Motherboards consist of up to 8 layers of circuit boards with tracks running in between the boards all over the place. The chips are soldered on in a liquid solder bath. Your chances of replacing a chip successfully (if you could find one) are as great as replacing a defective pixel on your TV screen. In other words, nil.

Much easier to find a charging cable with three plugs: One plug for your phone, two for your PC. This would double its output current capacity.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 6, 2022 Views 5,133 Applies to: