Computor Information: Asus K73E Laptop PC, Windows 10 Home, x64 based
Steps that I have taken to fix this problem:
- Upgraded High Definition Audio Controller automatically
- Upgraded the driver manually
- picked from list of drivers available (only 1 available)
- Went to realtek site and downloaded the most recent drivers from them and manually installed
- uninstalling and reinstalling said driver
- disabling and enabling driver
- shuting down and restarting laptop after each change
- reformatting the drive and rebooting windows completely from scratch
- Updating firmware
- running windows update
The icon still remains to have a red "x" over the audio. It still says "No audio output device is installed". I have tried everything I can possibly think of.
The device hardware ID's are:
High Definition Audio Controller device status says:
The requested operation was unsuccessful."
Thanks for your help in advance. I have been at this for 2 days now.