Windows 10 unable to find Lexmark X8350 printer

Original Title: How cane I print on Lexmark X8350  printer with windows 10 OS?

How cane I print on Lexmark X8350  printer with windows 10 OS? OS can't fined printer.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to install the, you may refer to the article below to install the printer (Applies to Windows 10):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Please be informed that Lexmark X8350 is not compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. So you may need to get in touch with Lexmark support for further assistance:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale=EN&page=product&userlocale=EN_US&productCode=LEXMARK_X8350&focusedTab=DOWNLOADS#1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You write : Please be informed that Lexmark X8350 is not compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10.  That is not necessarily a correct statement. I have used this model printer with W7 for many years. I was however not successful using it with W10. I actually reverted back to W7 after suffering a number of disappointments with W10. The revert crashed and I needed to reinstall a Lexmark driver cjs8300 after a fresh install of W7 and the X8350 continues to work flawlessly. This driver is supposedly good for W8 but does not appear to work with W10.

W10 changed too many settings I had set up and I needed to do a slew of research to figure out how to get functionality back. I had the same issue with my SP3.

This was my only time upgrading Windows that I had issues. All other upgrades went well for me. A true disappointment. I guess I ran out of luck.

25 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You're statement is true that Lexmark x8350 working flawlessly for Windows 7. I am actually able to print on Win 10, well at least sometimes. I have the original Install disk for the printer and I have reinstalled it on Win 10. So, like I said , it prints sometimes. Unfortunately when I do get it to print, it stops part of the way through. So I try to cancel the print, it acts likes it is canceled but it will not remove it from the queue unless I restart the "print spooler". Then if I want to print again I will have to restart my computer or wait some period of time before attempting to print again.

Im am beginning to like WIn 10 but I just cant figure this out.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to get the x8350 to work with 64-bit Windows 10 !!

## EDIT: (Windows 10, 64-bit install, using Vista 64-bit driver)#

Instructions assume you have tried to install previously & haven’t removed the driver folder:  c:\drivers\printer\8300

- remove usb cable from x8350 and uninstall Lexmark software from programs and reboot.

- go into device manager and select "view hidden devices".
- remove any Lexmark device.  Make sure, if you have any unknown devices listed under "other", remove them as well, then reboot.
- open C:\drivers\printer\8300 (assuming you've already tried to install, this is the folder where the driver files would've extracted to)

- IF you haven't already tried to install VISTA64-bit driver, download from here:   

http://support.lexmark.com:80/lexmark/index?page=content&locale=EN&docLocale=en_US&segType=recommendedSegmentOS&userlocale=EN&id=DR10811

- highlight "setup.exe" and select properties
- click compatibility and select Vista. select checkbox to run in compatibility and checkbox for "run as administrator"  If you have multiple users, I'd suggest changing that setting for all users!
- use the same procedure to change the .exe files in all subfolders of C:\drivers\printer\8300 with the exception of any x86 folders.  There are 5 total, including the uninstall executable.

## EDIT:  Disregard exception comment.  Thanks Tom for pointing out my mistake.  I was so happy to get it to work, I missed some detail there. ##

- All .exe files in subdirectories of  C:\drivers\printer\8300 should have their permissions/compatibility permanently changed to run as admin in Vista compatibility mode.

- Follow the same procedure for all executables in subdirectories of C:\drivers\printer\8300. 

- once those .exe files are all changed to run in Vista compatibility, now it's time to install

- 1st, run the setup file in C:\drivers\printer\8300 making sure to keep usb cable disconnected until it's asked for
- next, go to C:\drivers\printer\8300\install\x64 and run setup and instgui.  Make sure to run both as administrator
- look in your sys tray and that familiar Lexmark All In One icon with your apps should be there and working
- Caveats, you must select type of scan, open advanced scan settings and DESELECT the ocr box,
unless you have the original install disk to install the ocr software originally included.

- install the ocr software from the original install disk from ocr folder (Abbyy Fine Reader Sprint 6.0)

I was able to scan to Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Acrobat, Paint and the Lexmark Photo Editor software.  I would think, these instructions would probably apply to Windows 8 or 8.1 as well.  Good luck!

More good news, when sharing this device with other Windows 10 and Windows 7 devices on your home LAN, the driver install is flawless, once the above is completed.  Wired or wireless works.

Hit me back and let me know how this worked for you. :)  

15 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This worked! Thank you for posting this. I don't understand why one shouldn't change the exe files in the x86 folder. The install got hung up when the GUI came up & I clicked "Scan" for the 1st time & it started looking for applications. I did change the files in the x86 folder when this process failed. Clicked "Scan" again & was able to scan.  I hope the app is still there after the next reboot.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem that your having. I might get it to print 1 page and the whole thing just freezes and won't print. So I go and cancel what is left to print and it just sits in the print spooler. So I have to restart the computer and printer to get rid of the unprinted item. I just totally gave up on Windows 10... My printer works just fine with Windows 7....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Pdiva57, see my post which is 2 posts above your most recent reply.   :0)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Randy P - I tried your above procedure 3 times on my new HP Laptop and could get the driver to install. Each time the Lexmark x8350 install program would get to the step where I plug in my USB cable (new and works on other computers) and stall after I plug my USB cable into any USB port. The Continue box stayed dim. So, for some reason, the install program will not recognize that my powered on printer exists.

Your instructions are confusing after I change all the ,exe, files to run in Vista compatibility and as administrator. After I run the first setup file in the 8300 folder, I cannot proceed past the plug in the USB cable step as described above. Then, when try to run setup again from 8300/install/x64 folder I, of course, get the message that the installer is still running because I did not cancel the first stalled install yet.

Even if I reboot and then run setup from the 8300/install/x64 folder, the install again stalls at the plug in USB cable step because the install program will not recognize that my printer exists. If I cancel the install and then run the instgui exe, then nothing is installed.

Please tell me the exact steps to do to complete the 3 setup file installs and how to get my printer recognized when I plug the USB cable during the installations,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Randy P - In my previous post, I meant that I COULD NOT get the driver to install.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Folks,

I just gave up and mothballed the 8350 and bought a more up to date replacement. These devices are too cheap to keep wasting my time trying to get it to work. Is this an example of planned obsolescence? An MFP that worked flawlessly for years and was still working great retired before its time. I guess no one expected these devices to last this long.

Taking myself off of the notification. My latest problem with W10 is now front and center. Edge browser keeps losing my favorites, causing me to switch to Chrome and begin to like it. Another mystery a small number of W10 users are facing.

3 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2021 Views 8,494 Applies to: