Windows 10 support of more physical processors and RAM

I am an individual with limited resources using a photogrammetry application called AGISoft Photoscan. The software is limited by the CPU/GPU/RAM resources on my machine. The quality of the work I create is directly impacted by the RAM capacity of my computer and the computation time is directly proportional to the number of CPU/GPUs installed.  Consequently, I bought an old surplus Dell R900 with 4 quad core Xeon CPUs and up to 256GB of RAM.  Unfortunately I found out that Windows 10 only supports 2 physical CPUs and that Windows Server 2012 Standard edition is required to leverage the hardware I have.  The license policy is obviously aimed at business and not an individual user.   I don't need networking and multiple users; and I cant afford the cost and complexity of Windows Server. Any chance Windows 10 can be expanded in the number of processors and amount of RAM it supports?  Maybe there is another product that will meet my needs?
Answer
Answer

Hi Ranald,

Windows 10 supports only 2 physical CPUs this is by design. I suggest you to provide feedback in Feedback app about this feature. You may also refer the link suggested by Andre Da Costa. Hope the information was help full. Thank you.

Pavan N

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 4, 2019 Views 176 Applies to: