Windows 10 not detecting my speakers (3.5mm jack in green port)

Hi,

Ever since I reset Windows 10, to clean up my PC I have had problems with my sound. Initially I uninstalled my 'AMD High Definition Device' and 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC', restarted my computer and ran the trouble-shooter to reinstall the drivers. This didn't work.

I then updated the 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' driver and selected 'High Definition Audio Device' from the model options, this worked for a couple of days but stopped working again.

I've tried installing the latest Realtek Audio Drivers but this hasn't worked either.

I think the problem is within Playback Devices', 'Digital Audio (S/PDF)' is the default device and I can't select 'Speakers' as the device as Windows claims they are unplugged (when they're not).

I don't have digital/HDMI speakers, I only have my standard speakers with the 3.5mm jack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Answer
Answer

Hi Paul,

Since reinstalling or updating the driver did not resolve the issue, we may try to simply roll it back to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
  2. Right-click your driver, select Properties, and browse to the Driver tab.
  3. Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

If the issue persists, try to install the driver in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on the driver and select Properties.    
  2. Select Compatibility tab.    
  3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list.
  4. Let the driver install, and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it turns out.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2024 Views 46,156 Applies to: