Windows 10 no bootable device

Installing windows 10.  I finish the whole installation, windows tells me it has to restart.  When I boot back up, I get a blue screen with two options on it, either shut off my computer or troubleshoot. I open the troubleshooter, chose the bottom option. I forget the exact wording, but it was the fix option, got a loading screen saying it was searching for a solution to my problems.  Completes, restarts my computer again, and I get this screen:

Pressing keys obviously does nothing. If I restart and choose setup it shows both of my drives (an ssd, my c drive, and a hdd, my d drive). Choosing to boot from a different one under the boot options doesn't give me anything either, same black screen, no bootable device.

Installing windows 10.  I finish the whole installation, windows tells me it has to restart.  When I boot back up, I get a blue screen with two options on it, either shut off my computer or troubleshoot. I open the troubleshooter, chose the bottom option. I forget the exact wording, but it was the fix option, got a loading screen saying it was searching for a solution to my problems.  Completes, restarts my computer again, and I get this screen:

Pressing keys obviously does nothing. If I restart and choose setup it shows both of my drives (an ssd, my c drive, and a hdd, my d drive). Choosing to boot from a different one under the boot options doesn't give me anything either, same black screen, no bootable device. 

May I ask if you are dual booting?  You may want to check your boot configuration and see if you need driver updates or a BIOS update. Reply so I can help further. 

Knowledge is Power

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

May I ask if you are dual booting?  You may want to check your boot configuration and see if you need driver updates or a BIOS update. Reply so I can help further. 

Nope, my only OS is windows 7.  I'm not especially familiar with driver updates, where would I check for those?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope, my only OS is windows 7.  I'm not especially familiar with driver updates, where would I check for those?

If your pc is custome built get the make and model of your motherboard and go to its manufacturer website. If a pre built retail, call or go to manufacture website and type in BIOS update for the model of pc you have. You may have to use another pc to get BIOS info on flash drive to boot to. Will have to change boot order to perform this. Let me know more if you need it

Knowledge is Power

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FIX

So after boot looping and not being able to fix the master boot record and etc, what I did was a fresh install with Windows 10 pro 64bit iso file from Microsoft. After going through about an hour setup was able to get into system. Change a few settings like disable Cortana but not the search option. Everything is working fine including Cortana and search bar which was big issue in first place. So after a fresh install to a reformatted drive(back up info was done prior to upgrade last night) and using a keyfinder for product key prior to upgrade. This was important because during installation I was unable to activate with key "message was key not recognized" I just skipped to next step and when I got to desktop a few moments later did optimization to my liking and then restarted once then activated the key once internet connection was enabled. One other thing if you use a local account for logging in some services are not available like for example: 

Cortana, Search bar, App store

which then causes these errors:

COM+ surrogate 

SearchUI.exe

SearchIndexer.exe

all causing issues from screen flickering to BSOD's and freezing and boot looping. But system is stable and working great. Time to transfer my backup info. If you don't have a Microsoft account ( most of you should cuz we post on the community) Just create one makes life that much easier. Any questions just ask. 

To to get all windows 10 iso files you will need the MediaCreationToolx64 
Which can can be obtained from:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
Good luck everyone. Hopefully this helps many of you.  As always 
Stay Tech Savvy

Knowledge is Power

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 28, 2023 Views 2,204 Applies to: