Windows 10 Fax & Scan- Using Computer to send fax through connected fax machine & land line

I recently purchased HP officejet pro 8710, we use windows fax and scan very frequently, after purchasing the new printer/fax machine my windows fax and scan just puts my fax in the queue as "pending" and it gets stuck there. We use windows fax & scan to send faxes through our connected fax machine. It has its own designated land line for faxes only. No answering machine & no voice calls are used for this line. After successfully hooking up our printer/fax machine windows fax and scan will not work. I have a feeling its in the configuration settings in setting up a fax account. Can somebody please help me, we are not using a 3 party internet fax service or digital faxing, we just use w.f&s to send faxes directly from the computer to our connected fax machine without having to print or scan the document. This has worked and been very valuable to us for a long time.

Can somebody PLEASE help me get this straightened out as it has been very frustrating trying to troubleshoot this issue. HP says i have to contact windows because the issue lies within a windows application, my IT guy also says i need to contact windows for the proper set up.

I feel as though it is a very simple thing that i am missing or mis-configured, but i just cant seem to figure it out. Please help! 

You can email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with any possible solutions!

Thank you so much,

Very frustrated windows user!  

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Answer
Answer

SOLUTION!!

i am sending one fax to multiple recipients so i 

• opened HP SCAN
  • scanned the doc
  • saved as a TIFF FILE
  • opened it in photos 
  • file-print-choose fax in this case fax-officejetpro8710
  • brings up where you can add multiple recipients
  • send fax, joila!! 

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

SOLUTION!!

i am sending one fax to multiple recipients so i 

• opened HP SCAN
  • scanned the doc
  • saved as a TIFF FILE
  • opened it in photos 
  • file-print-choose fax in this case fax-officejetpro8710
  • brings up where you can add multiple recipients
  • send fax, joila!! 

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 8,104 Applies to: