Windows 10 FALL CREATORS UPDATE (1709) dual monitor dead

Hello,

Until last week I have used Windows 10 on an ASUS G771JM notebook in dual monitor setup in combination with an projector. Worked perfectly on my single HDMI port either on HDMI cable or through an HDMI to VGA adapter.

In the weekend I did an upgrade to the Windows 10 1709 build 16299.19, the update via internet download worked perfectly, or at least until will discover some other "not so obious things" like the fact I've loose the ability to project on my video projector.

And I found this on the "hard way" today when I should present something an loose about 45 minutes trying to update my video drivers to the latest nVidia 387.92 drivers but without any luck. Unfortunately I had to switch to another notebook that was on Windows 8.

So how could I use the second "monitor", in fact my projector or I should roll back on my previous Windows 10 version?

Strange is the fact that on the VGA cable using the HDMI to VGA adapter, it will "sense" my projector but the projector complains that is 59Hz is not supported, even in the display settings on my Windows PC, the "Display Adapter/List all modes" show only 60Hz settings... so where is 1Hz lost?...

Or there is something new related to "Mixed reality" that conflicts with dual monitor setup?... because when I select the "duplicate" option will show monitors 1|2 and 5, and if I select "extended" option will show monitors 1,2,3,4,5 but no combination will display on the projector.

The troubleshooter for "hardware and devices" did not help... so any other sugestions before roll back?...

Kind regards,

Lucian

Answer
Answer

Hi Lucian,

Since you have tried the hardware and devices troubleshooter, we suggest that you follow the steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Remove all display driver using manufacturer's removal tool.
  2. Unplug Projector video cables from PC.
  3. Turn your computer off; then, on.
  4. Download and install the latest display driver.
  5. Reconnect cables.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2019 Views 7,185 Applies to: