Question

Q: Windows 10 Creator Update-Removed Gestures?

Hi, I have an ASUS UX303UB laptop and have been able to use gestures since day one. However, I just received the Creator Update and now touchpad gestures don't work and the settings for them are gone as well. I was wondering if there was any way to get them back, I know this laptop has a precision touchpad and I had no issues with the gestures working on it before. Thanks in advance.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Answer

A:

Hi Lala, 

Windows Updates sometimes disables application features on the computer to achieve an overall performance upgrade. Here are the methods that can resolve your concern: 

Method 1: Download and install the latest version of ASUS Smart Gesture to version 4.0.5 or above. Uninstall the current ASUS Smart Gesture and manually download the latest version from ASUS Website.

Note: Check your current Smart Gesture version before proceeding. You may check the official ASUS Website for better assistance with the latest drivers compatible with Windows 10.

Method 2If you already have this version, you may need to Repair the installation. After repairing, it should appear in Device Manager as ASUS Touchpad.

1. Go to Settings, then Control Panel.
  2. Go to Programs and Features and right-click ASUS Smart Gesture.
  3. Select Change or Repair.

When ASUS drivers update, another driver named ELAN driver overrides ASUS Smart Gesture. The update is called ELAN driver update for ELAN Input DeviceIn order to stop this update you can use a Microsoft tool on this link to temporarily prevent the driver update from reinstalling.

Update this post for us to know the outcome and what method works for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

62 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 3708 Last updated: November 13, 2017 Applies to: