Windows 10 crashing on IRQL Not less or Equal Error

My windows 10 computer crashed with stop code irql not less or equal. After looking up online I found to use the driver verifier following instructions from the wiki page here ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 ) .

After some more crasches the wiki said to upload the memory dump files to analyze. Here is the one drive link to the zipped files.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=EA839DB0AC030068%217851&cid=EA839DB0AC030068

I hope you are able to detect whether it is an old or corrupted driver that causes the crashing.

Best regards

Troels

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2019 Views 53,632 Applies to:

Hi Troels,

The error regarding IRQL not less or equal definitely indicates a driver or hardware issue. We acknowledged the fact that you have done the driver verifier steps provided on the article created by one of our Community MVPs. Before we proceed in reading the dump files your computer have produced, may we know if you already have made sure that all of your drivers are updated? You may also run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and see if it will help detect and resolve any underlying factors that causes this issue.

In addition, we have an article on our support site that can help you with this kind of issue. Kindly visit the link provided here and follow the troubleshooting path according to the nature of the issue you are encountering: Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We will be waiting for your response.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Nick

Running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool gives me the message "There is problems with the computers memory":

I have a fully updated computer, but haven't checked every single driver in device management due to the amout of drivers.

Regards

Troels

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

The error message you have received after running the Windows Memory Diagnostics confirms that there is an issue with the PC's memory. This is more than likely the reason why you are experiencing the blue screen error. Have you already tried to do the steps found on the link we have provided in our initial response? It will ask you to remove the affected hardware associated with the error, most probably the RAM chip. This is to isolate if the hardware is causing the issue.

Keep us posted.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nick

I have a laptop where the RAM chip's are integrated on the motherboard, so it's not an option to check it further, and as the laptop is 5 years old I don't want to spend a lot of money to change the motherboard!

My only hope is that it was caused by a driver, but I'm not able to detect that.

Best regards

Troels 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

The file that you shared is no longer available. You can post it on your next response or check your OneDrive.

We look forward to your response.

All the best.

Sorry this didn't help.

Strange, because I haven't done anything to prohid access, but here is new link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmgAA6ywnYPqvSuYy1B9NbRIfEiX 

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for providing the dump file. We were able to read your dump file and found that multiple issues are affecting your system.

1. sleepstudyhelper!sleepstudyhelper is affecting your system and corrupted some system files. This might be a Trojan virus or rootkit to get information from your PC. We recommend doing a clean boot and running the MS Safety Scanner and Malicious Removal Tool to remove possible infection.

• Note: remove all infection before proceeding with the driver and firmware update.

2. dptfdevproc Intel processor is causing some concern however, we would like to verify further as you've provided a system32 info that's on a different language. We would like to request that you change your timezone to US and provide us a System32 info so we can further check where is the error associated.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need clarification or further assistance.

All the best

Sorry this didn't help.

I did run both MS Safety Scanner and Malicious Removal Toolbut none off them did find any problems.

Which system files is corrupted and is it possible to replace them? 

I have replaced the system32 info with one in english!

Best regards

Troels Funder

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Since the MS Safety Scanner and the Malicious Software Removal Tool didn't work for you, then the next step that you need to do is to reset your PC. We have an article on our support site that can guide you on how to do this. Kindly visit the link provided here: Recovery options in Windows 10.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, I will try that. Would it be OK to make the reset Windows and keeping personal files?

Best regards

Troels Funder

Sorry this didn't help.