• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

Windows 10- Canon MF4350d Toolbox for scanner doesn't work

MonH. asked on
I spent about 6 hours on this. I spoke to Canon tech support and we uninstalled the old drivers and installed the updated Canon drivers and completed deleted all of the old files for the old drivers.  We did get the scanner to work with the toolbox. I was informed to be prepared that on Windows 10 with the updated drivers, the toolbox only works sometimes and won't work all the time. This in fact is what is taking place now. Does this mean I need to buy a new scanner or is there something on-line I can download for Windows 10 to enable my Canon MF4350d scanner to work.  What scanners will work with Windows 10? It's clear to me that the Canon drivers are not resolving the toolbox issue on Windows 10.
116 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
MonH. replied on

Hello,

A member here asked for the instructions I received from Canon on how to fix the scanner issue. Note that I had added/removed the drivers afew times and lost track of what was done during the phone calls. In addition, this was in 2/2016 and it is possible that Canon added on a new driver to resolve this. It was a little involved which was why I recommend emailing Canon directly. Below is what I did to fix the issue and their 2/3/16 response.

"Since you have already uninstalled the drivers and MF Toolbox then downloaded and installed the Windows 10 drivers and MF Toolbox from the Recommended Downloads section on our web site, then changing a setting in Windows 10 should restore your ability to scan.  Please follow the steps below:

1.  Right click the Windows Start button and select Run.

2.  Enter (services.msc) without the parenthesis.

3.  Scroll down look for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

4.  Right click on it, then select Properties.

5.  Select the "Log On" tab.

6.  Select the radio button for “Local System account”.

7.  Check the box for “Allow service to interact with desktop”.

8.  Click OK."

29 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress