Windows 10 Bluetooth Pairing Issues (Try connecting your device again)

So... I had problems pairing my bluetooth mouse on my devices. 

The bluetooth option is intact but when ever I try to pair a device, follows happens as shown in the follow capture.

Had try teoubleshooter. Deleting bluetooth drivers on device manager and rebooting. Updating bluetooth driver.

The other thing is there is an other post which had the similar issue and claimed to be solved with deleting registry files and creating new one.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/bluetooth-pairing-issue-windows-10-creators-update/8d94f88e-67a4-4f76-b2d3-11d264e054c5

But the post is closed and the answers is not very detailed.

As far as I know deleting registry file could be causing massive issues. So I really don't wanna risk.

So are there anyone that could provide a more indeeth solution for the problem?

Thx in advance,

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

What is the make and model of your computer?

Go into BlueTooth Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > then unpair/remove the device, restart then pair it again.

Use the Add Bluetooth wizard in Control Panel
Press Windows key + R
Type: control printers
Hit Enter
Click Add device then add the Bluetooth device again.

Have you checked for updated chipset drivers for your make and model?
Also, some manufacturers will provide separate Bluetooth drivers.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Press Windows key + R
Type: services.msc
Hit Enter
Scroll down to Bluetooth Support Service
Right click it
Click Properties
Under the General tab
Click in the Startup type: listbox
Choose Automatic
Click Start

Click Apply then OK

Restart your computer then check if its working.

Other things you can try include the Bluetooth troubleshooter.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot
Scroll down to Bluetooth
Click Bluetooth then click Run the troubleshooter

When complete, Restart your computer.

Press Windows key + X
Click Device Manager
Expand Bluetooth
Right click each entry then click Properties
Select the driver tab, click Rollback if its not grayed out.

If it is grayed out, right click Bluetooth driver then click uninstall
Restart your computer then check if its working again.

If not, remove any other Bluetooth devices since they might be causing interference .

You can also try pairing through Devices and Printers. Learn more:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/pair-a-bluetoo...
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

55 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

windows 10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.192

Acer Predator Helios 300 (G3-571)

I just reset the windows os last night. And the bluetooth works for a while. This morning when I boot the laptop. The bluetooth options is gone from options.

There are no bluetooth device paired now. 

I tried to delete the (greyed out) driver from device manager. But didn't get reinstall after reboot.

Troubleshooter says that there isn't a bluetooth in my device.

Bluetooth Support Service's startup options is already automatic.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just update the bios. The bluetooth reappear again. But the device won't pair. Like what I shown in the screen capture

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I have the same issue.

My microsoft Arc Touch Mouse SE was working absolutely fine.  After a Windows and Lenovo update, the mouse no longer pairs or connects.  

Afterwards, my laptop will 'SEE' the mouse but will not connect to it.  I get the same message of 'Try Connecting Your Device Again'.

I updated all drivers, restarted the bluetooth service, ran bluetooth troubleshooter, and it still will not connect.  I tested with another computer and the mouse connects fine.  When I run troubleshooter, it employs a 'fix' of turning on the bluetooth radio each time but still will not connect afterwards.

I spent a while with Microsoft on the phone and went to the Microsoft store.  No one can find a solution.

Any ideas?

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did solve the problem by reinstalling the window os. It isn't probably the best way to do it, but it worked.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much...The first method worked for me.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So is there a solution to this issue? Or is something being worked on? I have been able to use my Bluetooth mouse before, but somehow it stopped working. Copy paste from the Logitech forum:

G603 Bluetooth Marvell AVASTAR Surface Pro 4 connection issues

Hello everyone,

since a couple of weeks I have the G603 Wireless mouse, with Bluetooth capablity. I paid the premium price to use the Bluetooth functionality since I have a laptop with just a single USB port.

At first I coupled the G603 by BT without issues. However, once the Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 went into Hibernation or Sleep, or if it was completely shut down, I had to manually reconnect the G603 to the SP4 again through the Bluetooth Settings.

This got quite annoying since I am obliged to have my laptop go into a lock state after 2 minutes of work due to handling data with others' personal information.

After a couple of days I could not even reconnect the G603 to the Surface Pro 4 anymore; I did see the G603 in the Bluetooth Settings when I enabled the mouse's Bluetooth Mode. This actually happened when I updated the firmware [1] of the G603 and after installing the Logitech gamer hub [2].

I am perfectly able to use my Bluetooth Sony Headphones and other Bluetooth enabled devices (like the Surface Pen). The connection issues are between Marvell AVASTAR and Logitech G603 [3]. In Device Manager I previously saw the G603 as a Bluetooth Driver as well, just like with the Surface Pen and the Sony headset, however after installing the G603 firmware and BT connection issues it did not come back.

What I get while trying to add the G603 through Bluetooth Settings is the message in yellow font "Try connecting your device again." Of course this does not work, and I have got no clue where to go from here. I also tried adding the mouse through "Add a new device" option for Hardware changes in Windows 10.

The Bluetooth adapter [4] for the Windows Surface Pro 4 is the "Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter (Marvell Semiconductor, Inc)". I have tried to update the driver for this adapter to either of the three driver options on this laptop:

- Genereric Bluetooth Adapter

- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter (Marvell Semiconductor, Inc)

- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter (Microsoft)

None of these three will re-enable me to actually connect the G603 to the SP4 again.

I have read that the Logitech engineers are working on a fix [5], with/without other engineers (Marvell, Windows). I truly hope the underlying issue is determined and they know how to fix this.

Additionally, my SP4 with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.228) is up to date with the latest updates.

So my questions/remarks [i] are the following (see references [i] through text, where i=1,2,...):

• [1]. Can I revert the firmware of the mouse back to the firmware it had when I used it for the first time? If this restores the BT functionality I would happily try this. Note that from all the above information, the G603 is recognized by the BT Adapter as the G603, but just can't connect.
  • [2]. Did this software break anything? I already uninstalled this software but unfortunately I did not do this with CCleaner or something similar. I suspect there are keys left behind in the registry that might influence a setting rendering the BT Adapter unable to connect to the mouse.
  • [3]. Note that the connection issues seems to be between the Marvell AVASTAR BT Adapter and the Logitech G603. Other devices I use have not had any issues with Bluetooth as far as I can tell. Is there something I can do here? Maybe you know which BT drivers I could install. Could you provide me with the BT driver for the G603, so I could save it on my disk and I can manually install this BT driver for the G603?
  • [4]. Do you know that there are any further BT drivers I could try? Have you had contact before with Marvell AVASTAR how the BT Radio Adapter handles connection with BT enabled devices? Have you had contact with Windows developers about this issue?
  • [5]. I can't find a link of this so quickly, it was with somebody else having an issue with what I thought to be the same BT Radio Adapter or Windows 10 and a Logitech device. If I find it again I will edit or post that link under this reference. I thought the Logitech Support reply was from july 2018, or even august 2018. Found the link, it was on the Microsoft forum for the same issue I had before (manually reconnect after each inactive state), but then with a SurfaceBook2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook2-surfnetwork/surface-book-2-bluetooth-reconnect-issues/9fe39dd9-00f6-4429-ad58-dd087466cc0e?auth=1

Thanks in advance. If something is not yet clear, please let me know.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you highlighted "hidden devices" in the device manager? That worked for me

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same issue. Updated to latest version of windows, now my surface mouse will not connect. I get "Try connecting your device again."

I have installed latest bluetooth drivers, i have uninstalled all bluetooth devices in device manager (Including anything hidden) any help appreciated

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I finally fixed it by changing some settings within command prompt.  I wish I still had the forum link as it was very frustrating.

You can try this option:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/bluetooth-mouse-paired-connected-but-not-works-in/710e8230-8e49-46ab-b903-fb4e5d366532

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 140,561 Applies to: