Windows 10 32-bit native UEFI install on Desktop/laptop with processor intel core i3/i5 or its amd equivalent

does windows 10 32-bit supports native UEFI install on desktop pc/laptop with processor intel corei3/5/7 or its amd equivalent? I mean windows 10 32-bit install in native uefi install without enabling csm/legacy bios mode.
|
UEFI 2.0 support was added in Windows 8, so you're good to go w/ a native UEFI install of Windows 10 32-bit, if your system firmware supports it.
Twitter: @WithinRafael

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So native UEFI install of Windows 10 32-bit is supported even on intel core i3/5/7 or its AMD equivalents processors?

because I've asked in different forums and here's a quote of the answer I've got:

"A 64-bit UEFI PC can only boot 64-bit versions of Windows. A 32-bit PC can only boot 32-bit versions of Windows. In some cases, while in legacy BIOS mode, you may be able to run 32-bit Windows on a 64-bit PC, assuming the manufacturer supports 32-bit legacy BIOS mode on the PC.

I mean that unless you are using Atom-based tablets and SOC's with 32bit UEFI ROM's,your options will be A)Install Windows x64 (aka the Right option) and B)Install 32bit in BIOS mode(aka legacy mode)"

It's just so confusing because even Microsoft's technet site notes that:

"While in UEFI mode, the Windows version must match the PC architecture. A 64-bit UEFI PC can only boot 64-bit versions of Windows. A 32-bit PC can only boot 32-bit versions of Windows. In some cases, while in legacy BIOS mode, you may be able to run 32-bit Windows on a 64-bit PC, assuming the manufacturer supports 32-bit legacy BIOS mode on the PC."

So the way I understand it is that Native UEFI install of Windows 10 32-bit only works with mobile devices (Atom-based tablets) and Desktop (SOC's) where in its processor are mobile processors Intel Atom based.

Otherwise, if you're using a 64-bit PC, which I assume means are the ones using the "real" Desktop/laptop x64 processors (intel core i3/5/7 or its AMD equivalent), then Native UEFI install of Windows 10 32-bit won't work with it and you have to use BIOS mode(aka legacy mode).

So, which is the case then? Does Windows 10 32-bit truly can install in Native UEFI mode (not CSM/legacy BIOS mode) even in Desktop PC/laptop with intel core i3/5/7 or its AMD equivalent based processors?

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

An EFI install of Windows 10 32-bit can be performed on systems that are operating in 32-bit EFI mode, which isn't related to your make/model of processor. You'll have to consult your motherboard manufacturer/instructions to determine what version of EFI support your motherboard shipped with and if you can tweak it.

Typically, newer devices ship with a 64-bit EFI without a toggle to change that. (Which means no native install of Windows 10 32-bit will be possible.) Some, however, ship with a CSM option that kicks in the older BIOS stuff, it'll work, but you don't want that.

Hope that helps.

Is there a reason you're trying to use a 32-bit copy of Windows 10?

Twitter: @WithinRafael

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well no reason in particular. Just for future reference is all. Thanks alot for taking the time to explain!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2021 Views 29,034 Applies to: