Windows 10 1394 lagecy firewire support

Hello,

I have had Windows 10 Pro installed for about 3 weeks.  I do video production using professional cameras that connect to my computer with a multiport 1394 Card.  Previously in Windows/7 the 1394 driver had to be set to legacy to function properly.

Well, Windows 10 indicates it has detected my devices (Panasonic DVG15 Camera) however, there is No video or audio.  I have attempted to set to legacy but the function fails to enable.  I have checked with Panasonic and there is no driver available.  I used this system for video mixing, streaming and recording of live services.  At this point we will have to go back to Windows/7 because purchasing new $7,000 cameras is not an option.

Please Help

David Rentie

Answer
Answer

Issue finally resolved with much needed solution.

I recently downloaded 1394 Microsoft OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy) driver 1/4/2013 version for Windows 8.1.  Now there is a specific way of installation.  I rebooted my computer and had no luck.  Here's what I believed finally enabled my device.

1. After installing new driver,  I went to the 1394 Microsoft OHCI Compliant Host Controller folder under Program Files x86,  Selected Folder 64-bit, right mouse clicked on 1394 Legacy security catalog to ensure all applications and read and execute.
  2. I disconnected camera from computer and shutdown
  3. I restarted computer without camera, checked device manager to see if 1394 Legacy was selected.
  4. I have software that detects capture cards.  In this case I used Corel DVD Movie Maker
  5. I connected camera to DV port.  Powered on and immediately Corel started, saw the device and I was able to control functions and capture great footage.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2020 Views 7,924 Applies to: