window 10 file explorer running slow. it takes years to fully load a folder.

window 10 file explorer running slow. it takes years to fully load a folder.

does someone knows the exact solution to this **** or i should downgrade to my windows 8.1??

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2020 Views 69,235 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This link help u guys 
http://www.howtogeek.com/219936/how-to-disable-quick-access-in-file-explorer-on-windows-10/

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi I had tried everything I could find online but nothing worked - ccleaner - regedit etc. I downloaded CubicExplorer

but this application ran just as s-l-o-w-l-y - then I had a brainwave

This WORKED for me on Windows 10

1)      Click on Search bar and type in Run

2)      Click on Run Desktop App

3)    In the box that appears at the bottom left of the screen type in eventvwr and press OK

4)    On the left of the screen click onto Event Viewer (Local)

5)      Click onto Windows Logs

6)      Then  Application

7)      In the Application box showing the number of applications logged, you will see one or more

events with errors on them – this means we are on the right track – if not this won’t

fix your problem and I’m sorry for getting your hopes up

8)      On the right click onto Clear log…

9)      Open File Explorer and wait until it opens or says not responding then close again

10)   Go back to Event Viewer  and refresh by clicking onto Event Viewer (Local) then back to Windows Logs

11)   There should only be a few entries in the Event Viewer Log – click onto the first entry with error against it and in the Details box under the General tab - it should tell you which program ( mine said DTShellHlp.exe was not working properly – I had no clue what it was so I Googled and found it was linked to Daemon Tools 

12)   Delete the application ( in this case Daemon Tools ) click Start - Settings - System - Apps and Features -

Uninstall

it then told me it was attached to File Explorer and to close that app before continuing – that’s when I started smiling

I finished uninstalling Daemon Tools

Opened File Explorer – and it worked beautifully

Incidentally, when I re-installed Daemon Tools there was a tick box that said Link with File Explorer – I unchecked it now both applications work fine

Hope this helps – sorry for the dumbing down of the explanation but I know if it was me looking up how to do something I’d rather it was simple

14 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This does not help, Scannow finds nothing wrong

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem. I cannot see the picture thumbnails almost never. Green bar loading for a long time. Menu View>Design is disabled. I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8. Really unfunctional Operating System.

Sorry this didn't help.

You sir are AMAZING! Thank you SO MUCH! Nothing fixed it for me, NOTHING! Then i found this, and you're my hero :D thank you so much

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad I could help

Sorry this didn't help.

I ran scannow as per your instruction & it didn't help at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I request you to use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

Follow these steps:

1.     Open an elevated command prompt.

2.     Run the "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" command.

Important:When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Note:Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference Repair a Windows Image (Also applicable to Windows 10)

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This seemed to work the first time, but never subsequently.  I agree with the person who said they are ready to switch to Apple.  This is unacceptable and it's interfering with my business activities.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a new ( not an upgrade ) copy of Windows 10 installed (6 months). It is now April 2016 and I have the same problem with the File Explorer as the rest have experienced. I too have tried all the remedies too date. None seem to work permanently "for me". Let me explain. I do not think that a universal solution is available. The problem exists in the code of The File Explorer itself and depending on what you have on your computer, the solution can be different. I can get my Explorer to work if I go and use the free shell extensions manager ShellExView and disable Nvidia's CPL Context Menu Extension (one of the many solutions mentioned previously). File Explorer then works perfectly. Upon occasion, the shell extension turns itself back on and I repeat the process. Again Explorer works perfectly. I have noticed that others did not have a Nvidia  product installed but a shell extension of a different non Microsoft product was causing the problem and disabling that worked for them. One size does not fit all.

What bothers me is that a large number of users have this problem. A Microsoft Tech gets on this and other forums and immediately suggests a number of scans even after many have said this is not the problem. The common solution is within Explorer itself and how it is reacting to different non Microsoft products. I would hope that if enough is said about it, an update will be undertaken.  A deal breaker - no - but a royal pain in the butt - yes -.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.