Win 10 - installing hw drivers Boss GT-10

Oh who decided Windows 7 driver for Boss GT-10 should not work in Windows 10?

This is a high end guitar processor and is too expensive to just not use because of this incompatible driver issue.

Can anyone get the drivers installed?

I was okay on 64bit win7 but Win 10 sux if I cannot get the drivers installed.

The latest win 8 drivers won't work nor the previous working Windows 7 driver. I might try Vista drivers just in case. Any ideas or this PC goes back to Windows 7?

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2019 Views 5,246 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To fix the issue try installing drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if problem still persist, we're glad to assist you. Hope this will address your query.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Not to be rude, 😉, thank you for your answer though this results in the system hanging and the install never completes.

I might try the Win 7 version as they had worked when running. Windows 7 prior to upgrading. I may revert to Windows 7 if I cannot find a quick solution.

Thanks again!

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue with my Boss GT 10 and my Boss GT10B (for bass guitar).  Both worked fine on Windows 7.

I have tried installing every compatibility setting with every driver Roland offers, installing and uninstalling, cleaning/repairing my registry, defragging, etc, etc.  With my other hardware that has stopped working (OBDLink MX Bluetooth Scan tool ...will pair but not connect with my computer), I'm about a day from going back to Windows 7. 

And to think after Windows Vista I thought I learned my lesson!

Sorry this didn't help.

Like you, I am having the same issues with my Boss GT-10B bass effects pedal.  Can't connect using Win 10 / 64.  Hope they get this resolved soon...

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Please solve this issue I have no other way of recording at an acceptable quality!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys

After some research I have found out how to install the windows 8 driver for the gt-10 on windows 10.  I have cut and pasted the process below: note the method used below was for a different boss device (a UM-1 I think) but same principle applies, and I can verify this works as I have successfully installed the diver on windows 10. There are two pasted instruction sets below from two  users I found on the web. The second instruction set I had to use as well to temporarily disable the signed signature enforcement in windows otherwise it wouldn't install.

1.Download from Roland the driver archive for Windows 8.
2.Unpack the archive.
3.If you have a 64-bit machine, browse within the archive to this folder:
um1_w81d_v101\Files\64bit\Files  (note this filename refers to the um1 filename just substitute the gt-10 windows 8 filename)
4.Open the file RDIF1076.INF in your favourite text editor. (right click and select open with notepad, making sure not to check the box to always open this file with notepad)
5.Edit following line, changing:
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.6.2,NTamd64.7…to
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.10.0,NTamd64.7
6.Edit  following line, changing:
[Roland.NTamd64.6.2] …to
[Roland.NTamd64.10.0]
7.Save this file and exit the editor.
8.Browse to your Device Manager by holding down the ‘Windows’ key, pressing ‘R’, then selecting “Device Manager” from the menu that appears.
9.Double-click on your non-functioning UM-1, which will be labelled “Unknown device”.
10.Select the second tab: “Driver”
11.Click the “Update driver…” button
12.Click “Browse my computer for driver software”
13.Browse to the folder containing the file you have just edited
14.Click ‘OK’ to select the directory, then click ‘Next’
15.When Windows complains “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software”, click “Install this driver software anyway”
16.Wait until you see “Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

Done! You’ve installed the Windows 8.1 driver for the Roland/Edirol UM-1X on Windows 10, even though Roland state they don’t support this device. I can confirm that the MIDI input works just fine.

Thank you so much!!! I have an Edirol UM-2 and by doing something similar I made it work on Windows 10 too.

One thing to note though – there was an extra step that I had to do as I am using a 64-bit OS and by default it will refuse to install driver that has been tempered with / are not properly signed or certified.

Stumbled across this page after a bit of searching: http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

In summary this is what I had to do:

1. Hold down ‘shift’ while choosing ‘restart’ to reboot the machine
 2. There will be some sort of a boot menu after restarting (because of the ‘shift’ key in the previous step). Pick ‘troubleshoot’
3. ‘advanced options’
4. ‘startup settings’
5. hit ‘restart’ button
 6. after restarting again you will be given a list of startup settings that you can change this time. Press the “F7? key which should stand for ‘disable driver signature enforcement’
7. After starting windows this time try installing the driver per the instructions in your blog

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

oh I forgot first you will probably have to uninstall the existing driver for it to work!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi tohether,

I have the same problem and was happy to find this here. Unfortunately boths ways did not funtion on my side. I am running am win 10 pro x64 with latest updates. I downloaded the boss gt 10 driver for win 8/8.1 from the roland website and I started with method 2. I executed the installation file: After connceting the gt 10 via USB nothing happend, so same result like in compatibility mode wich I tried first.

After uninstalling and rebooting I tried method 1. As decribed I edited the *.inf file, connected the gt 10 ad selected the updated funtion via device manager. Win treid to install the driver but failed with an error message like " The driver could not be installed because the hash value does not match the values in nthe catalog " or something like this ....

So please help. Cand you please decribe more excactly what you have done, step by step, which driver from where? Is not clear for me if I have to use both ways in combination or can I choose one of the two methods. Anyway I had no succes so far and I need the driver.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Juro

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Juro

Sorry if I confused you. Both methods have to used. Order doesn't really matter but it's more logical to do method 2 first then your computer is restarted with signature enforcement disabled. Then you can complete the installation using method 1. Once the driver enforcement is disabled you no longer get the "hash value does not match" message". The fact you are getting that message though means you have correctly modified the driver file but have not correctly disabled driver enforcement and the only thing left to do is install with driver signature enforcement disabled which is what method 2 achieves. Note that when you restart using the method 2 procedure you can only install the files during that session ie if you restart again the computer defaults back to enabling signature enforcement. Also ensure the existing driver is uninstalled before starting. Let me know how you go.

Sorry this didn't help.

Pedro, thanks for you quick reply. In the meantime I tried to install the win 7 driver with the same result. It's clear now why ;-) Hopefully I can remove the old drivers. I will let you know later when I installed the driver.

Regards

Juro

Sorry this didn't help.