Various programs randomly freeze, however not in safe mode.

Hello. I am having a very weird problem with my Win10 installation. Various programs(such as Viber, VirtualBox, VMware, GNS3, BattleNet Launcher) keep on freezing at random times. By freezing I mean that, they become unresponsive and I can't click any button. The only ones that are clickable are the close button("X") which doesn't work, and the minimize button which works. Then I have to kill the program via task manager and relaunch it. However, I recently noticed that this problem doesn't occur if I boot in Safe Mode. I have installed the latest version of drivers of both VGAs(both Intel HD and Nvidia). Also, notice that I have a laptop, and I haven't performed a clean install of Windows yet. Although I know that a clean install will probably fix everything, I really want to leave this as a last resort. Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of the problem at VirtualBox. As you can see, the "close" button can not be clicked.

Question Info

Last updated January 24, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Please read this wiki to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM  if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
Should you have any questions please ask us.

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please read this wiki to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM  if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
Should you have any questions please ask us.

Hello and thanks for the quick response. I 've already did a system file check and the DISM tool. Sorry for not mentioning earlier. I also include a .zip file with some of the latest  event viewer logs. However since it's my first time accessing this logs, there are over 1600 of them so in the .zip I just included the latest ones. Finally, the first log is the VirtualBox freeze, or "Application Hang" error. If you want me to include me more events tell me and I ll provide you with more. Thanks again! 

Here's the onedrive link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJPCek4r_kejyMyLo43xLDHbwnz

Sorry this didn't help.

Quite a few issues

1-The description for Event ID 129 from source iaStorA cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. (intel storage driver)

2-The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

3-The program VirtualBox.exe version 5.1.6.10634 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

4-Faulting application name: avgnt.exe, version: 15.0.20.55, time stamp: 0x57bd5238
Faulting module name: NahimicMSIOSD.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x561b641a

5-The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 4 seconds since the last report.

And many more

I would update the 2 drivers.  Check for the newest Vbox version, update AVG, and BIOS

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Sorry this didn't help.