Vaio VPCS111fm brightness not working after Windows 10 Update

Hello,

I found several discussions with this issue on windows 8 but none of the fixes seem to be working for me due to the way the drivers are behaving for me. If I change to the microsoft display driver the screen is bright but there is no brightness control and it seems to either be locked out and not adjustable or stuck in the lowest setting. With the Intel HD graphics driver I can not for the life of me get an older driver to install.

If I uninstall the current Intel driver completely, disable Windows update, and attempt to install the drivers listed on Sonys website, they never seem to actually install or show up in the device manager. The only way I can get an Intel HD graphics driver to install is by way of Windows update in which case it just reloads the same current driver that doesnt work.

Thanks

Answer
Answer

Had the same issue, also have the VPCS111FM...

All you have to do is edit registry key (regedit.exe)  in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001 (OR 0000)

edit hexadecimal into fb20. It worked for me using Intel i5 core and should work for any intel graphics.

181 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 27, 2020 Views 19,672 Applies to: