Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

I updated windows 10, to the latest build, but now my touchpad is not working.

I tested it, in the HP diagnostics and it works fine, but will not work once booted.

I can use a wired mouse.

I have tried uninstalling the only mouse option in device manager (just reinstalls when i plug the wired mouse back in)

I have updated the notebook with windows.

Searched for updated drivers on HP and Synaptic, but they will not install. It says they have installed, but they havent. I even tried to install using compatibility mode.

Device manager does not show my touchpad.

I have tried adding a device, troubleshooting, restarting a million times.

i can't see aything in my event logs.

all the troubleshooter does, is tell me to restart. Which i have done numerous times, even tried shutting down and rebooting.

Answer
Answer

I just went thru this updating to the Threshold 2 1511 build of Windows 10 Home on my daughters HP Stream 11.

The magic you need to do is twofold.   First go to the HP site and under support for software and drivers let it find your Stream (you may need to let HP install their support framework).

You'll see a number of drivers updated in December, some on Christmas day in fact.   Download all of these December updates using the HP Download manager so you can install them individually.

If you are unable to uninstall the old Synaptics driver you will need to download an uninstaller, this should only be an issue with the 1511 upgrade though.  I used Revo Uninstaller Pro free trial edition.  Worked great.

What you want then to finally get it working is an older driver: Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support.

It may tell you this version is already installed.  But it's not so just install that and you can finally get the TouchPad visible again for the Synaptics driver to take hold.  It is this Intel Serial IO Driver that is preventing the TouchPad from being visible and only this particular version from September 2015 on the HP site seems to work.

31 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 31, 2020 Views 3,705 Applies to: