Tablet Driver Conflict

Hello,

I'm having a great deal of trouble installing Tablet drivers on my wife's PC, that was an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  The hardware I'm attempting to install is a Yiynova MVP22U +RH.  Apparently issues between Wacom drivers and other tablet manufacturers are common.  My wife used to have a Wacom Bamboo, but hasn't used it in years.

The problem is that the Yiynova drivers are supposed to install a new "Tablet" Windows control panel, but appear to be running into some kind of a conflict and say that they finished installing successfully, but this control panel does not appear.  Something that IS there is a control panel called "Tablet PC Settings".  It seems possible that Windows 7 or 10 decided to install those when the Bamboo was attached, but now I can't get rid of it.  My conversations with the Yiynova US support staff say that the Yiynova drivers are detecting another tablet on the system and is silently being blocked somehow, and that I need to remove it before I install the tablet again.  When I first spoke to them they didn't even seem to know what "Tablet PC Settings" was or where it comes from.  But we don't have any other tablet connected.  I've uninstalled everything that matches "wacom" "bamboo" or "tablet".

I'm looking for some way to make Windows believe that there are no tablets on the system, presumably by removing the "Tablet PC Settings" control panel.  Possibly some kind of forced deletion of wacom drivers, or a regedit setting to clear out the tablet status?  Any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated August 31, 2018 Views 1,523 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Amarjeet,

I appreciate being made aware of that knowledge base article, that will definitely come in handy in the future.  However, I've made some progress unrelated to your advice.  My wife's PC hardware is fairly old; I decided that it might help if I upgraded her from the GTX 260 to something newer, so today I put in a GTX 960.  With only the non-tablet monitor connected, the "Tablet PC Settings" went away.  Although it came back when I reattached the Yiynova DVI and USB cables, a fresh install of the Yiynova drivers did everything it was supposed to do.  I now have the Yiynova control panel "Tablet Settings (32-bit)" and can modify and calibrate pen input appropriately.  I think this issue can be considered closed.

Thanks,

Josh

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.