Signature Edition Lenovo yoga900 hiDPI scalling issue after re-installing win. (3200*1800 res. makes icons and text tiny in some programs that used to work perfectly on the same res. before the reset)

I just got my new Yoga 900(13.3') signature edition with windows 10 home a few days ago and was very happy with it.
Then I made a clean windows installation and upgraded to windows 10 pro
.....The problem.....
Before re-installing windows, I had no hiDPI problems, even with programs like eclipse (java programming) the icons were big and everything was perfect.
After the resetting windows and upgrading to Pro edition, all sorts of hiDpi and scalling problems broke loose and programs like eclipse are practically unusable now (very small text and icons)
Please don't tell me to just lower the resolution, because I know there is a way to work with the high res. (Ive seen it when I just received the laptop)
....Attempted solutions.....
1- re-installing windows again (settings-->update & security-->restore-->reset computer)
2- searching for a restore point that dates back to when i first received the laptop
3- installing media tool from windows website (a suggestion by a microsoft tech support, problem persisted though)
4- downloading all the drivers from lenovo website
5- going to the device manager and updating all the drivers one by one (right click every device-->update driver)
6- downloaded io driver booster, and let it download and install all the drivers
7- I downloaded all the latest windows updates until it told me there are no new updates after 2 restarts
8- This thread suggests the problem is in the manufacturer (lenovo), I don't know if it's right though:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/corel-draw-x6-compatibility-with-windows-10/3daeae5a-3113-4e2d-afc2-65c22c6e5bd0
9- I searched all yoga900 forums for an answer to the problem

10- I tried the no-hidpi option in the compatibility properties of the program

11- The display size (first option in display settings) is and was always set to 250%, I also tried to play around with the other options in Advanced sizing of text, title bars, icons...etc but when I changed them everything looked wrong.

.......Conclusion and question...........
Now I know for sure that there's a solution to this problem, because when i first received the laptop it was working fine, the solution now has to be one of:
A) a way to revert back to the state I first received the laptop (I looked for the option to reset to factory settings but did not find it on this machine)
B) The secret the techs used to make the laptop work well on hiDpi with old programs, might that be a driver, a fix, a windows update...etc

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2018 Views 648 Applies to:

BTW, these are the display driver versions (Intel Iris graphics 540) that I tried along with their respective provider:

Lenovo website:           20.19.15.4364_WHQL
IOBit drier booster:     20.19.15.4380
Device Manager:          20.19.15.4390
Intel auto detect tool: 15.xxx (didn't attempt installation since it looks like a really old version)

The problem is happening with all the versions, don't know what's the version that was pre-installed when the problems didn't exist though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Keeping the thread updated, I tried Intel's latest generic driver (newer version than all of the above), problem still there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi KaboZ

I have just bought a yoga 900 with the hi-def screen as well and have the same issue. The interesting thing is, I did reset it back to factory default and still have the same problem

if it helps the default driver that comes from factory on mine is 20.19.15.4364

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Kamran, that is indeed the driver I have now.

I'm curious, how where you able to restore factory defaults? when I pressed the novo button and chose restore, it got me the windows blue troubleshoot screen, not the lenovo restore program

Sorry this didn't help.