Re- Sony Windows 10 Drivers

Dear Mr Green

Thank you for contacting Sony regarding your Sony VAIO.

We appreciate your enquiry in regards to upgrading to Windows 10.

In response to your email, please note that sadly, Sony does not currently plan to provide Windows 10 dedicated drivers for your VAIO computer and we cannot be held responsible in case of an unsuccessful upgrade to Windows 10, if you decide to perform the upgrade.  

You may check the below link for further clarification:
http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/81930

We wish we could be of further assistance to you in regards to this matter. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us via the number below.   

Yours sincerely
Samar

Sony customer support
Sony Europe Limited

Email:   via www.sony.co.uk
Phone:  0207 365 2810
Phone:  VAIO out of warranty - 0905 031 0006 (35p/min plus network charges)
Phone:   Ireland in warranty /out of warranty numbers: 01407 3040 / 1530 501002 (33 cent/min plus network charges)

Sony United Kingdom and Ireland, a division of Sony Europe Limited.
A company registered in England and Wales.  Registered office:
The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0XW
Registered company number: 2422874

To: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 
Cc:  
Sent: 04/02/2016 13:34:12 
Subject: Sony Support Email 14001578

Hello I am still waiting for my new Windows 10 Drivers as We do not have very long now till July th 26 when they will stop all of thr Free UP-DATES TO Windows 10 So PLEASE,.PLEASE, CAN SOME ONE HELP ME OUT..

Thank You

I was so un-happy when I got this reply back from Sony NO DRIVERS FOR SONY PRODUCTS IN THE U.K. yep that's what it looks like to me..So it looks like they just expect me to buy a new Laptop.

I have always bought Sony Vaio's..

Answer
Answer
Hi Bryan, 

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.  

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is the model of your system?
  • Which drivers are you looking for? 

I like to inform you that, some system are not made for Windows 10, due to non availability of the drivers. The hardware requirement may be fulfilled, however as the required drivers are not available, the system would not work.

A driver is software that allows your computer to communicate with hardware or devices. Without drivers, the hardware you connect to your computer—for example, a video card or a printer—won't work properly.
In most cases, drivers come with the Windows or you can find them by going to Windows Update in Control Panel and checking for the updates. Also, you can often find drivers on the disc, that came with the hardware or device you want to use, or on the manufacturer's website. 

This issue occurs due to the outdated or incompatible or corrupted hardware drivers on your system.

I suggest you to uninstall all the hardware drivers from the Device Manager and reinstall all the latest hardware drivers in compatibility mode in the Device Manager and check, if it works. 

Follow these steps to install all the hardware drivers  in the compatibility mode.

1. Download all the latest hardware drivers  from the manufacturer’s website.
2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".
3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Please refer the section Using Compatibility Mode to Resolve Driver problems from the Wiki Article created by Andre Da Costa (MVP, Community Moderator & Wiki Author).

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 29, 2020 Views 1,136 Applies to: