Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !

Hi guys how are you?

Since yesterday im having this issue, my mouse starts lagging and beeping and i cant do anything else at the pc, the keyboard still works but if i turn the pc off or try to restart nothinh happens, i need to to press the reset button

is something like this video i found at internet

https://www.youtube....h?v=YuolB3uESyA

I don`t know if is realted but yesterday i instaled the new update at windows update

My windows version is the 1511 (10586.122) and my mouse is a Corsair M65 RGB

We can see at Reddit that some other people have the issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

Also it started some days ago, maybe the latest windows update patch? Can you guys at MS see if it`s a know issue?

Thanks

Hi Willy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with using mouse on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in mouse settings or driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Are you getting any error message?
  • Have you tried to check with another mouse? 

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method1: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for mouse and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.
2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.
3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Note: if mouse is not working, then use tab key and arrow keys to update the driver.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. 

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Take a look at this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

We fouind that the issue is related to xbox one controller driver and uninstalling KB3140743 update solves the issue for now

How can we contact MS to pull out this update from Windows update servers or to make a fix as soon as possible?

Thanks

17 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You guys will really ignore this? We can`t use our xbox controler without windows hangs and mouse beeps

The issue is all around the web and no word from microsoft

Take a look here please MS

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Willy,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue. Sorry for the late response.

I suggest you to try uninstalling the KB article in Windows updates which you have provided in the previous post and check if it resolve the issue.

Please check by using with different mouse and let us know the result.

Also try to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback regarding the issues in the Feedback app. So that Microsoft  Developer team will know about the recent issues related to mouse lagging on Windows 10.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and then click on it.

3. Provide your feedback.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue with my Corsair M65 RGB mouse initially lagging and causing the mouse buttons to stop responding (even after unplugging and plugging the mouse back in) after turning my wireless Xbox One Elite controller off after last week's KB3140743 cumulative update. This issue also prevented my PC from restarting or shutting down as it would get stuck on the shutting down screen.

I have posted about this issue here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=406240 and here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=156796

I managed to resolve the issue by uninstalling KB3140743 and then blocking it from reinstalling by using the Hide/Show Update tool. Not exactly user-friendly at all considering how Windows 10 seems to just install updates without any prior consent from the user!

Alas, my PC downloaded a new cumulative update, KB3140768, this morning as I noticed the mouse buttons had stopped responding after playing Tom Clancy's The Division with my Xbox One controller and turning said controller off. I checked Windows Update and saw that the update had been applied. At least the lagginess is gone but since it causes my mouse buttons to stop working as well as preventing my PC from restaring/shutting down then I would not describe this as a fix. However, it may fix the issue for others if lagginess is all they were experiencing.

I have reported the issues with KB3140743 and KB3140768 via the Windows Feedback tool but it's anyone's guess as to when Microsoft will actually fix it. Looks like I may have to repeat the uninstall and block procedure for every cumulative update until they do. Of course, the only way I will know it is fixed is to install these in the first place. Still annoying though to have something as simple as your mouse effectively broken from a Windows Update. These things are supposed to fix bugs not create new ones!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

i too am having lagging issues . i have a cooler master gaming mouse the is not being recognized by win 10. it just finds the compliant mouse in the device manager.. When in game( warcraft,star wars tor, or in second life. the mouse stops responding .  then after clicking my mouse buttons several times it comes back. its a pain in the ****.. im using the current software from cooler master that supposedly  supports 64 bit windows.ten  how can i make windows recognize my gaming mouse as it is and not as some dumb compliant. mouse.. any help would be appreciated since im sure mircosoft hasnt a clue

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Eggy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there mouse driver is corrupt or it not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall driver for mouse. Check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.
2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.
3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
4. Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall.

5. Restart your computer and then it will reinstall the default mouse driver.

Note: if mouse is not working, then use tab key and arrow keys to update the driver.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only solution that I found AND that actually works is this one: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/49niwd/my_pc_hangs_forever_every_time_i_quit_the_division/d0t8zo8

You can read more about it here: 

Do remember though to check whether the problem is with the cumulative update (if you actually have this update installed): KB3140743.

Enjoy!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, same to me. My Logitech M325 mouse doesn't work after turning of the elite controller (connected via with wireless module). Uninstalling the updates helps until they installed again with autoinstallation. Yesterday I reinstalled the controller driver like described later on in this post. Now it seems to work.

Thx to Nildah

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2020 Views 36,604 Applies to: