Question about NahimicService.exe on Windows 10

Dear all,

I have a brand new Dell laptop with the following feautures:

Model: G5-5590

Ram: 16 GB

Processor: I7-9750

When I start my laptop in idle situation the ram usage is about 30%.

Recently, I observed that even if it continues in idle situation after some time ram usage increases and it reaches till 60%.  I observed from task manager that NahimicService ram usage increases during time and probably this is the reason for what is happening to my laptop.

I have not installed any application called Nahimi and I can also not found it at control panel.

I searched from task manager the file location and figured out that it is located to the folder : Windows ==> System 32.

I have the following questions:

1) Is it normal what is happening with this NahimicService.exe to my ram usage ? 

2) What exactly this application does ?

3)How can I solve this issue (ram increasing usage from NahimicService.exe) without causing any problem to my laptop ?

Looking forward your support

Best Regards,

Theodoros 

Hi Theodoros,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about NahimicServices.exe.

NahimicServices.exe is a sound processing application usually installed by the computer manufacturer. It is somewhat similar to the Realtek Audio Console. If your computer uses RAM without any open application it means that there might be 3rd party apps and services working in the background. You may check your task manager for other 3rd party applications running or you may perform a clean boot to disable them. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Advisor

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Wil,

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.

I would like to mention that I have already checked at task manager that NahmicService consumes memory (as a background process).

More specific I have observed the following:

a)WhenI restart my laptop NahimicService Ram usage is  very low  (~10 MB)

b)After 30 min the Ram usage has been icreased to ~ 154 MB.

c)If , I continue running my laptop the ram usage of NahimicService continues to be increased. It reached after 4 hours to ~1GB of Ram Usage

d) I also observed that if I shutdown my laptop and I open later, then the NahimicService Ram consumption continues from the point it was the last time. It means that it does not go to 0 (low ram usage) as happens when I restart my computer.

Questions :

1) Regarding point d ==> Why is that happening ? RAM consumption of NahimicService clears only when I restart and not when I shutdown my laptop? Is that normal? 

2) What is your opinion about the problem I described at points a , b and c ?  (the incremental ram consumption of NahimicService)

3) Can I solve this issue by disable NahimicService.exe at system configuration ? Is it safe or I will cause damage?

Thanks a lot for your help and looking forward your support!

Best Regards,

Theodoros

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are really programs that use more resources the longer that use it, most of them are browsers. Ending them on task manager doesn't give 100% assurance that it will free up the resources used. You may solve it by disabling Nahimic on services and startup items by doing a clean boot on your computer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135.... But instead of disabling all non-Microsoft services and startup items, just look for NahimicServices and disable it. It will not cause damage to your computer as it is just a sound-enhancing app and not the sound driver itself.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Wil,

Thanks again for your reply!

By searching more carefully about NahimicService on my laptop, I discovered the following :

• I have 2 user profiles (1 with administrative permissions-Account A and 1 without such permissions-Account B). I more often work on Account B.
  • When I login and working on Account A (adm. permissions) then NahimicService.exe does not consume significant amount of Ram and neither increasing Ram consumption by time.
  • If then I llogin to Account B (no adm. ppermissions) , without sign out from Account A then NahimicService.exe continues not to consume RAM.
  • In case that i sign out from Acount A and login to Acount B then NahimicService consumes Ram memory ,which is also increasing rapidly with time.

Have you got any idea why is that happening ?

Can you help me ?

Best Regards,

Theodoros

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

At this point, I'm no longer be able to assist you with this issue, but another expert should be with you shortly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 18, 2024 Views 13,536 Applies to: