Problem with BSOD probably a driver

Since about 3-4 weeks I have been getting BSOD's (almost) every time I start up my system. They vary in message but most of them are things like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or ISQL or some others I can't remember. Using a blue screen viewer I have come to the conclusion that it is always 1 file that the error is coming from:

Filename Address In Stack From Address To Address Size Time Stamp Time String
ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+34ccaa fffff806`4ee00000 fffff806`4fe46000 0x01046000 0x64ebcc57

27/08/2023 23:21:11

I have ran a diskcheck on my main disk, reinstalled windows, ran memtest86+, updated all my drivers and ran driver verifier.

The last one gave me more of a clue to what was going on. It put me in a bluescreen loop which wasn't a huge deal as I could boot into safe mode and then see what the issue was. The first issue was a virtual bus driver that was apparently automatically installed once I had plugged in my controller, which caused driver verifier to crash. So now I tested the system more with trying to boot up again and I still had the blue screens. So I ran driver verifier again, now leading to the following file (which was also shown on the BSOD itself):

Filename Address In Stack From Address To Address Size Time Stamp Time String Product Name File Description File Version Company Full Path
ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+9cde34 fffff802`6ec10000 fffff802`6fc56000 0x01046000 0x64ebcc57 27/08/2023 23:21:11          
Wdf01000.sys Wdf01000.sys+a710 fffff802`702b0000 fffff802`70381000 0x000d1000 0xa9a9d36e 14/03/2060 09:40:14          

Again ntoskrnl.exe and this time Wdf01000.sys. The problem now is that I cannot find any particular issue or fix related to this file. It is all the general: use a restore point or do this or that. Without actually knowing what the issue is. Is there any way to find out what is causing this (/which driver)?

As a note: I have all my chipset drivers installed from my motherboard manufacturer, and a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Educational.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Zip and share files in C windows minidump. Do memtest and share the result.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Brokko!

My name is Miguel Ángel and I'm an independent advisor, also a Microsoft user just like you! I'll try to help you today with this issue.

In order to be able to give a personal and custom solution, I'd need to check on the minidumps, which are files that Windows creates after blue-screening and which can give me more information. You can locate them in C:\Windows\Minidump. Please upload the files there to OneDrive or WeTransfer and share the link with me.

We will go step by step, but I'd like to read over the minidump just in case the culprit is around. If not, we'll run some checks.

I'll wait for your answer. Don't worry at all!

Miguel Ángel :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks you (and Murat5038) for your response. Here is the link to my C:\Windows\Minidump folder. There are 5 .dmp files in there but the ones of importance are mainly 120920-6937-01.dmp from the driver verifier and the 121020-11546-01.dmp which is a BSOD that lead to me investigating the issue.

Hope this helps. Thanks again

Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avf8zan1UNdBdIMNOMgbo8hE4pg?e=ELL4Mp

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Default the BIOS and save it.

Uninstall Malwarebyte, Asus software.

Follow the DDU guide and install your updated GPU driver.

Except for keyboard and mouse, do not plug in USB.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there again Brokko!

First of all, I'll describe the minidump which mainly caught my attention, the one from Driver Verifier. I'll write the basic information here:

1) DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9)
IMAGE_NAME: mshidkmdf.sys
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc9_22e_VRF_IMAGE_mshidkmdf.sys

This driver (mshidkmdf.sys) seems to be this: "Pass-through HID to KMDF Filter Driver". It seems to be a Microsoft related driver, so we'll run over a system's files integrity check and some solutions that may help.

Hey there ____!

My name is Miguel Ángel and I'm an independent advisor, also a Microsoft user just like you! Let's try to solve your issue!

---

I've been checking on the BSODs you've attached, and I'll give you a brief description on each of them below.

---
SOLUTIONS AND DIAGNOSTICS:

1) SYSTEM FILES INTEGRITY CHECK

First of all, make sure all Windows Updates are installed, all drivers are updated and BIOS is updated as well, everything with the latest installation possible.

Then, we will do some system files check, and also check the hard drive, just in case. Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + R. Type 'cmd' and press Enter.
2. In the command prompt, run the following commands:

> dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
> sfc /scannow
> chkdsk /f

Third command may ask you to type Y to reset the computer. Just type Y and then press Enter. I'd recommend you to post some feedback if these commands have fixed anything or not.

2) CLEAN BOOT

Perform a clean boot following the steps given in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t... and see if issues continue happening. Report back with some feedback!

I will meanwhile check on the other minidumps to see if I can get further information. Tell me how it goes!

Best of luck, we'll surely fix it so stay calm!

Miguel Ángel :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again, I had some stuff going on so I couldn't immediately test your fixes. Here is what I found

I have tried the commands you suggested and did a clean boot. The driver verifier still gives me the same error, although both chkdsk and sfc /scannow have said that they repaired corrupted files. I am still testing if the bluescreen is actually due to the driver that crashes the verifier using a cleanboot. Once I found out I will tell you again.

Thanks in Advance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey thanks for the reply.

I have tried your fixes but thus far they did not seem to have an impact yet. I still get the same blue screens. Other ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey thanks for the reply.

I have tried your fixes but thus far they did not seem to have an impact yet. I still get the same blue screens. Other ideas?

Thanks in Advance

You are welcome, Current share new files.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here are the new dumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avf8zan1UNdBeY5eKx4pc6vnW_M?e=TkPBw3

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Drag and uninstall Afterburner to its old default settings. Uninstall any Asus software. I said these at the very beginning.

Uninstall any Asus software. I said these at the very beginning.

Pull it to XMP 2666 speed from BIOS and check it out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2022 Views 251 Applies to: