problem printing envelopes on Epson Stylus CX6600 - worked fine on Win7

Hi.

I have an Epson Stylus CX6600 printer that I've had for years. I recently upgraded to Win10 from Win7, and now I can't print envelopes. The orientation is right, but the paper size doesn't seem to get changed for the envelope. When the printer prints my envelope, it seems to print off of the envelope. When I put in a standard sheet of paper, I can see that the orientation is correct, but the addresses are on the left side of the page instead of the right. To print envelopes, I need to slide the paper guide to the right, not the left. 

My wife's computer is still Win7, and it works just as expected there, so it seems that Win10 is the culprit.

Thanks for any help.

Question Info

Last updated December 29, 2017 Views 72 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

I suggest you disconnect and reconnect the printer on your computer and check. Follow the instructions provided below and check if helps.

First, let’s disconnect the printer connection and also uninstall the printer driver from your computer and check.

To uninstall the printer drivers from the computer, follow the step provided below:

1.  Press Windows logo + X key.

2. Click on device manager.

3. Select the Printer adaptor.

4. Right click on it and click on Uninstall.

Now, I suggest you to reconnect the printer and install the latest printer drivers on your computer and check.

How to update drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to contact the Epson support team and check. Hope the team over there might help you in resolving the issue.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.