Printer Problem: Error 0x0000007e On Windows 10

My computer recently decided to stop connecting to the printer.  I tired removing the printer, and then attempting to add it again.  The problem is, whenever i hit add printer in the control panel menu i get an Error 0x0000007e.  I have tried finding a fix, but none are for windows 10.  The picture shows what the error message looks like 

Hello, 

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

Let’s follow these steps and see if it fixes the issue:

Method 1:I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Right click on the start button.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Select “Hardware and sound”.
  4. Next select Devices and printers.
  5. Right click on the device or printers which you need to troubleshoot and select troubleshoot and follow the onscreen instruction.

Method 2: Also you can update drivers from the Device Manager and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update drivers from the Device Manager:

1. Right click on Start button, type Device Manager andEnter.
  2. Find the drivers which needs to be installed and also see if there are any warning symbols. If yes update the drivers.
  3. Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on Update driver.
For reference Fix printer problems: 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/printer-problems-in-windows-help#fix-printer-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.   

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 16,369 Applies to: