Nextbook Flexx 11 USB and Camera Problems

Bought a brand new nextbook flexx 11 from Walmart, then went to bestbuy and bought a lg slim portable dvd burner, it connects until trying to eject the drive to place a cd in, or if I force a cd in there it keeps connecting then disconnecting... almost like the dang thing aint getting enough power to run... then tried to run my WD 750gig hard drive via usb, same thing, the hard drive beeps, and the computer keeps blinging on an off like it sees it then looses it... then to top it all off... I need proof of purchase to regester this thing on nextbooks web page, go to the camera app, and nothing but a black screen on both front and back facing cameras... is this flexx 11 a peace of garbage or what...

windows 10

no programs added

out of box, just upgraded it to 10...

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

From what you have described, it appears that there is some issue with the Windows 10 installation. Let’s try to resolve this issue in Windows 8 and then try the upgrade once again. Let’s try these steps to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to run the System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

a)      Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)to bring up elevated command prompt

b)      In the command prompt type the following command: sfc/scannowand press enter

c)       Now, restart the computer.

Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I would suggest you to try the following steps:

a)      Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

b)      In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

c)       Close the command prompt after this step.

Now, restart the computer and try installing Windows 10. Keep us updated on the results. I would also appreciate if you could let us know the make and model of the computer and the system specifications in your reply.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

sfc/scannow returned no errors (exact text not copied).

Deployment and Imaging Service Managent tool found image:

and reported "No component store corruption

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, got fed up with it, did a factory reset, then it wouldent boot up, said it was missing a file... kept restarting over, and over again... so I took the thing back and got my money back... wouldent run my exturnal hard drive or my portable cd drive... so i chalked it up as garbage...

Sorry this didn't help.

The Nextbook is a TABLET, it is NOT a computer and it is also NOT a netbook or laptop. Therefore it would NEVER have enough power to run anything external other than things like a mouse or devices with their own power sources.

As for the camera and other issues, they are common. I have had the same problems but have overcome most of them. Only one I have yet to overcome is the camera not working.

In the end... Do your research first and know what TYPE of device you are looking and what that type of device can do.

Sorry this didn't help.

The Nextbook Flexx11 is a wonderful combo laptop/tablet (easily detachable). Its USBs will not power an external DVD.  The speakers aren't going to blow anyone away nor will the handy ear buds, which are included. However, for the price you really can't expect it to perform as the higher end units.

All considering, I'd give it four stars .... (FIVE if it weren't for its Win 8 or 8.1.)!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, but all is well with a powered usb hub.

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is you keep shaking the thing like crazy. If you keep it still, like on a desk, it will stay connected. I have experienced the same problem because I was shaking it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I purchase a Nextbook Flexx 11 with windows 8.1 installed. I upgraded to Windows 10. I believe after an update, my camera stopped working. Other apps, including Store were unavailable. Eventually, I did a reinstall of Windows 10, which also updated to the most recent update recently. The camera never worked, though the Store App and others did. I've tried every method on the Net to fix it. The error message is one for no driver found. In system manager, it shows the device is working properly, though it isn't working at all. A few days ago, I ran across information which may explain the problem. Some Windows 10 drivers get their device to work, but prevent other devices from working. I think that's been a problem with Windows 10, especially on machines that shipped with an earlier OS. There may be no fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2020 Views 2,814 Applies to: