New GPU Error Code 12

I recently purchased an Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 as an upgrade from my older gpu. When I installed the card, I hooked it up to my monitor, and it would not detect the card. I hooked the monitor up to the motherboard to access the Integrated Graphics in order to do some troubleshooting. I installed the drivers via the disc the card came with, and went into the device manager to see if I could find any more drivers. Everything on my machine is up to date, but when I checked the card's properties in the device manager, it was said it was Code 12, "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use". There was also an error with one of the Audio Drivers, the "High Definition Audio Controller", which it had the error Code 10. I believe these two are conflicting, but I could be wrong. They both have the latest driver I could find.

Any help would be appreciated, as I have not seen another person with this problem.

Answer
Answer

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below link to troubleshoot with the issue:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732199(v=ws.10).aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 25, 2020 Views 2,474 Applies to: